Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Maybe want to trade T-Maxx for a crawler? :O

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 12:07 AM   #1

Red face Maybe want to trade T-Maxx for a crawler? :O

So i have an old T-Maxx 2.5 RTR, and i put a bunch of money into it, around 800-900 dollars total. (not all mods, stuff like fuel, extra controller, replacements on a few broken pieces) and its not quite running at the moment, but a few couple pieces and it will be back in action (i just pulled it out of storage and it hasnt run in 5 years)

anywho, i was wondering If any RC shops buy peoples used vehicles? I don't want to work with ebay or anything like that, i'd much prefer to sell it to a store of some sort.

I recently looked up vids of rock crawlers and i love them! you can only have so much fun flying off ramps at high speeds....but rock crawling never gets old! n going through mini streams n such....

I noticed crawlers cost just as much as the restof the r/c's out here which dissapoints me ... but i'd really like one.

Does it seem reasonable to want to sell an old 2.5 rtr t-maxx (wasn't run very much, i probably ran it about 6 or 7 times sincei opened the box) and buy a crawler? I wouldnt want to trade for a used crawler because i know almost nothing about r/c's to begin with, so buying a brand new in store one seems much more secure.

I don't know, maybe i'm gettingi n over my head, but i've seen some cool crawlers from 200-500 dollars...and my tmaxx costed a pretty penny (i notice they are a lot cheaper now though, my box costedl iek 650, now they are liek 350....

what do you guys think?
arok89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links