Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: New guy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 08:36 PM   #1

Default New guy

Hello all, I'm new here and to crawlers. This site has tons of info that is useful to new people to the hobby. I saw a youtube video of a crawler and just had to have one. After researching different brands and types of crawlers, I decided to order the axial ax-10 rtr from Tower hobbies. I had my selection narrowed down to the HPI CK, WK, or the Axial rtr or rtc. After reading the posts here, I decided the rtr was for me. There are tons of upgrade parts for it and looks pretty cool. I have a small creek behind my house and what used to be a kudzu patch till i tore it up on my four wheeler. It has a moderate incline and some bumps so its perfect for a medium sized oval track. I really found the waterproofing thread just full of useful info. Most of you seem very knowledgable and willing to help others out. Not a whole lot of bickering or flaming going on either. Thanks for a great site. I look forward to posting with all you people.-Terry
wm23n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2010, 08:49 PM   #2
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Welcome, good luck, and I wish I had a sweet spot in my back yard to crawl. Stupid city life.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:20 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Welcome to the addiction..... Its says your from Flowery Branch, well we may have to get together and crawl sometime I work in Murryville.
smokediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:25 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Welcome to the wildside
PhantomRS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:29 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm23n1 View Post
...Most of you seem very knowledgable and willing to help others out. Not a whole lot of bickering or flaming going on either. Thanks for a great site. I look forward to posting with all you people.
"Very knowledgeable" - yes. When the time comes, don't take things personally.

Welcome, Terry! Indeed, this is a great place for crawling info...and social entertainment (where entertainment is defined in the eye of the beholder!).
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:02 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Welcome to the forum! I too found out about rc crawling from a youtube video. I just finished building my first scale crawler about 2 months ago and I learned everything I know from the people on this site. There is so much info on this site.
BadRockNoCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:13 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

I also just bought my first crawler. I think the comps are where the fun is. i would go find one local and start competing..
chirogid is offline   Reply With Quote