Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: New to Crawlin!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2010, 08:12 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default New to Crawlin!!

Hey guys i am new to the crawlin thing, but not new to RC. Finally decided to give this a shot, I was driving an AX10 for a few weeks but I passed it off to a buddy of mine and ordered a XR10. So the XR10 is really going to be my first to speak of. Got a 4PK already so I plan on running duel FXRs to start with and just do dig for now, but later on i think i will pick up on some other tricks. Going to run 45t on 3s with a 7955TG servo. Also going to run HB Sedona w/Nova foams. That is about it for now it is really just a waiting game till everything gets here. So if there are any suggestion please lay it on me. Thanks to all ahead of time, I am sure I will learn a lot from you guys, have already learned a bit from the local guys in my home town(Longview, TX).
paulwf150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2010, 09:07 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

There is a XR10 a little further down. Most every thing anyone knows at this point! Welcome!
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Welcome!
You are really diving in head first with that build. Sounds killer! Also sounds like you've done your homework. When it comes to trucks, parts, 3rd party support, and performance, Axial is the bee's knees!
Have fun!
J.DUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:51 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

As for the XR-10 , Make sure you follow the directions well . Also read the build threads in the new XR-10 section . I read that they have had some problems with gears in Germany . It seems like a shady post to me , but it could just be a misunderstanding with the directions . Or maybe a different manufacurer putting out weak gears . Whatever the case is with these few kits , Axial will make it right . None of the team drivers/builders have expressed issues that I know of . Then again they read english better than most Germans , Im sure . I strongly suggest reading the build threads to make sure you dont come across any hickups . Congrats on a great choice ! And keep us posted on the performance of this new rig . Let us know when you get it also ! So far the only people here that have them , are people with the hook-up , like team drivers . Gotta love em .

Oh yeah , Welcome to RCC !!! Its the greatest site ever !!!
rc_pimp is offline   Reply With Quote