Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: How to do a mail trade safely?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2015, 09:35 PM   #1

Question How to do a mail trade safely?

Hello guys I was wondering what the safest way to do a trade through the mail truck for truck maybe some pointers on how you guys would go about it or hopefully have since my tucks in Ohio and his california? Is this something you would recommend against were both rccrawler members if that helps not really sure. Thanks again guys
Artarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2015, 10:01 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: How to do a mail trade safely?

Trading is as simple as doing your research on the member (no news is usually good news), and trusting them to be legitimate. Agree to ship on the same day, and both get tracking numbers. There is always a chance to get burned, but it doesn't happen all that frequently.
MattTheGenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:17 PM   #3
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTheGenus View Post
Trading is as simple as doing your research on the member (no news is usually good news), and trusting them to be legitimate. Agree to ship on the same day, and both get tracking numbers. There is always a chance to get burned, but it doesn't happen all that frequently.
Yup. Agree on a date, shipping method, tracking numbers, and I always try to push for insurance too.

Be sure and trade lots of pics before you finalize the deal too. Nothing worse than opening a box with a nasty surprise inside.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:20 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Attached Images

Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:15 PM   #5

I've always been scared to do a trade myself because of fear of getting burned too. I have passed up many good deals because of that. I did do 1 trade but the other person shipped out first and said he didn't mind me waiting to get the truck before I shipped him mine but that doesn't happen very often. And the truck he shipped me wasn't in as good as condition as he described it but I still shipped him mine and even sent him extra rims and tires plus extra parts that were not part of the deal just because he sent his first.
WILLIE WILL is offline   Reply With Quote

How to do a mail trade safely? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can an HBX "Rockfighter" Rock crawler esc run safely on 5000mah 2s lipo? warmanjames Electronics 1 12-15-2012 06:54 AM
How much juice can I safely put through a 3racing winch?? Jslick General Scale Talk 3 09-30-2011 08:38 PM
Drive Safely (Warning Graphic Images) TexasSP Chit Chat 59 02-16-2011 07:11 AM
Drive Safely Greatscott Chit Chat 6 07-10-2010 02:32 PM
How Far Can I Safely Notch My Alum Knuckles? Robb Tamiya Clod Buster 12 06-06-2007 11:32 AM