Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Im I wastin my time?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #1
Dbo

Default Im I wastin my time?

I have an old double dare a freind have me(I started as a project for my sons but now ive taken over)its not the best truck by far.It did come with metal dog bones and matching diffs old monster mash motors.Finally the point I was headed to ,does anyone know anything about the old usa1 or double dare,besideds most people dont like them?
Dbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2011, 12:21 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Untill the roof in my garage collapsed due to too much snow I had a very nice Usa-1 that I used to pull either my boat or my touring car around. I loved the way the usa-1 looked. With some work they are fun but they do have their limts.

I do recall that I bought upgrades gears,sasy chassis I think it was called, drivehafts and shocks. I also put in a esc and 20t motor. I cant really say alot because mine wasnt ran hard just for running around in the driveway and a few easy hiking trails to the creek out here. I know shocks made a huge differance.

Me personally no rc project is a waste of time if your enjoying the build.

I have a few vintage buggies sitting right next to me I am considering rebuilding and running again. I think the vintage stuff is fun to drive but lightly because some parts are hard to come by and the plastic is old and may be brittle.

Id build it up, be a fun project
rockeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:07 AM   #3

absolute waste of time, you should instead sit on your duff watching survivor and eating cheetoes.
since my sarcasm isn't always caught, that was it. This hobby ,at least for me, is about fun and if you find it fun then do it.
obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:18 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Here is a cpl pics of my now deceased usa-1 rip old friend. Date isnt right.

one of the trailers

one made

I can never see any rc project being a waste of time if ya are enjoying what ya do. I could post a few hundred pics of project, vintage and one off stuff imade or bought, ran hard, broke , rebuilt and started all over again. As well as many,many others here. I have never owned a rc i didnt run at some point.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #5
Yashua

THAT USA1 IS A FLASHBACK , I CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER HOW LONG AGO IT WAS I BOUGHT ONE OF THOSE, MAYBE '89 OR '90.
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:46 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Cant recall if it was this exact one I bought brand new or not i had a cpl, just loved the way they looked. Sadly last winter my rc garage roof colapsed in on are due to snow and a tree and this truck was reduced to nothing. Was sad.