RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Newbie General (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/)
-   -   Primal radiant charger and speedpack 3300 6cell Nimh battery (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/423119-primal-radiant-charger-speedpack-3300-6cell-nimh-battery.html)

Jayfro 01-15-2013 07:54 PM

Primal radiant charger and speedpack 3300 6cell Nimh battery

Very much a newbie and trying to read up but figured I would ask this question here. I have the above charger and 2 batteries for my new RTR wraith. Honestly it's like the manuals are in a different language to me and being a techie guy it's been frustrating (lots to learn). I am getting about 5-10 minutes of run time with the truck on a charge. At least I assume the charge is going dead as it seems to run ok for several minutes then starts stuttering when I give it throttle (both forward and reverse). Maybe I am not charging the batteries correctly?

What amp setting should I use on the charger, I have been using 3 amps. Is this possibly causing the batter to not fully charge and thus the low runtime?
Is the stuttering after running a few minutes likely something else or is that what this does when the battery gets low?

Appreciate the feedback and help.

While I am at it, what do people do to keep this thing from rolling as much? Seems to roll quite easy!

Thanks again!

Soundlzrd 01-15-2013 08:18 PM

Re: Primal radiant charger and speedpack 3300 6cell Nimh battery

Charging at that rate should be fine. Are your battery's hot when your done running? Unfortunatly your charger doesn't let you know how many mah your are putting back into the battery. Without that, I am not really sure how else to diagnose your battery. To me, it doesn't sound like a battery issue but an interference issue. I could be wrong.

tdevilman2009 01-15-2013 09:23 PM

you say the truck is rtr so i asume its stock esc did u by chance turn off the low voltage dectecion on the esc i had the same issue when i first got mine. i turned off the low voltage an boom no more stutter

Jayfro 01-15-2013 11:56 PM

I did read something about the low voltage detection. I will go down that path (yes, stock esc). Thanks for the suggestion and I will report back with findings..

Soundlzrd 01-16-2013 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdevilman2009 (Post 4127169)
you say the truck is rtr so i asume its stock esc did u by chance turn off the low voltage dectecion on the esc i had the same issue when i first got mine. i turned off the low voltage an boom no more stutter

Interesting. I just leave the low voltage on in my Slash so I don't have to think about changing the settings. Thanks for bringing up a potential issue.

Jayfro 01-16-2013 11:48 AM

Yep. That was it. Reprogrammed to remove the cutoff and seems to be running well! Thanks for all the information..

tdevilman2009 01-16-2013 04:32 PM

yw an enjoy this addicting hobby ive been in this since i was 14