Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: FNG! any of my fellow brothers or sisters in arms will know what that means.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2014, 01:19 PM   #1

Default FNG! any of my fellow brothers or sisters in arms will know what that means.

Just wanted to say hi, and introduce myself. I am brand new to RC Crawling, so new i don't even have a Crawlier yet. Ive owned a couple nitro boats and currently own a REDCAT Racing Earthquake 8E. I know this isn't anything close to a crawler but none the less thats all i have. I bought this because my 3 boys wanted an RC vehicle and i was tired of wasting money on the "walmart" junk. So i bought my oldest a REDCAT Racing Volcano EPX Pro, my middle and youngest each a ECX Torment. Now that we have had them for about a year, we all decided that RC Crawling would be a good fit. So for christmas I'm thinking of buying 4 kits to build with each of my kids(1 for me of course). I really like Axial products, and i really like RC4WD. I think I'm gonna go with a couple SCX10's and a couple of Wraith's. Not 100% sure yet, I better figure it out though xmas is only a month away!! Thanks for reading my rambling on, and if any of you have any advice or pointers, please I'm all eyes.
Asoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2014, 02:13 PM   #2

Default Re: FNG! any of my fellow brothers or sisters in arms will know what that means.

Hello there, sounds like an awesome X-mas! You wont regret the scx10's for sure.
Onefast8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 02:32 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: FNG! any of my fellow brothers or sisters in arms will know what that means.

Welcome to the community! Axial scx10's are a great choice for durability out-of-the-box but be careful with electronics spending. I've owned a wraith, amazing truck and very versatile. Waterproof it and stick in a brushless system and you have endless hours of fun.

Good luck, have fun, and believe in high voltage!
RaceMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 02:55 PM   #4

I think its gonna be an awesome x-mss too, just hope the kids will be just as excited as i am. There ages are 11, 8, and 5. I know they will be very anxious to get to driving them but i really wanted to do kits so they could learn how they work and see how everything goes together. That will prob be fine for the older two but not so sure about the youngest. The only thing I've figured out as far as electronics is that I'm gonna go with tekin fxr with a 35-55T brushed motor, prob gonna middle of the road with a 40T. I was looking at the hitec water proof servos, but thats as far as i have gotten up to this point. I really like the brushless set ups though, just not sure about crawling with brushless. Like i said I'm brand new to crawling and pretty new to land RC.
Asoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:11 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Hello there. The scx10 is a great platform. I'd like to suggest the rtr deadbolt since it's the cheapest and fastest way to get started. I get what you're talking about by going with the kits though. It's all about spending time and bonding with the kids. The fxr with a 35t is a great combo and I would recommend that one for sure. My personal favorite is the castle mamba max pro with the tekin roc 412 3100kv. It is costly but worth it to me. About the only advantage I've found with a brushed motor is the control going downhill at part throttle. If these things will be seeing a lot of run time for let's say hiking trails or just playing around in the yard then I would definitely go sensored brushless. There are ways of helping them survive if water is involved. Which ever way you choose to go there will be great memories made.
yotapower07 is offline   Reply With Quote

FNG! any of my fellow brothers or sisters in arms will know what that means. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
question for anyone reading this... that means In,Wi,Ia,Mi etc jetboat Illinois 12 11-05-2010 08:57 PM
No means, No! bivens22 Chit Chat 10 03-11-2010 10:02 PM
No means no... LumTheMad Chit Chat 7 03-05-2009 10:09 PM
Traction, and what it means to you. Krawlin Tires and Wheels 17 08-11-2007 10:31 PM