Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: New to the Wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2015, 02:23 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default New to the Wraith

I got a used Wraith RTR from posting in this sites wanted section, it is in pristine condition, barely ran at all, I must say I wish it was what I started out with. It's fast enough to rough it up a bit and catch a little air yet it can crawl like crazy. So far the only upgrades are Axial bead lock wheels, heavy duty upper and lower links and a Venom 2s Lipo and man what a fun rig! An absolute blast.
RockBiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2015, 05:58 PM   #2

Default Re: New to the Wraith

As you know from the other thread, I just got a wraith. Have you used yours with a nimh battery? Just wondering how much of a difference there is between nimh and lipo. I have a few 2 cells at home.
Robsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:39 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

If you really want to see you wraith move you can try a 3 cell lipo. Its a HUGE difference from the 2 cell. You should get a bec for your servo to keep the voltage for it correct. the ae2 speed controller does not say it can handle 3s and i was a bit worried about this also so i did some google searching and found ALOT of ppl do it. So i pluged the ae2 into my castle link & it said rite there on my pc that the lipo cut off as set from factory is set to work with 3 cell. When i pluged in my 3s pack the esc beeped 3 times also. so i ran it and everything has been fine since. Becareful crawling with the stock 27t motor though they seem to be known for burning up if you do heavy crawling reguardless of the battery type.
crawlerwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 05:21 AM   #4

I have run my Spawn on both NiMh and 2s lipo. I haven't seen a performance change, but the battery life is awesome!
tatersalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 11:31 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuamuler View Post
Can you post some pics?
Soon as I can, I'm waiting on the body kit, the seller had parted out the side and hood panels so when I get my new goodies I'll post some pics.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:33 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsmash View Post
As you know from the other thread, I just got a wraith. Have you used yours with a nimh battery? Just wondering how much of a difference there is between nimh and lipo. I have a few 2 cells at home.
I have one charged I'm going to try the nimh on lunch, the 2s lipo is cool tho I got a little over a half hr run time and it never tapered off it just kinda stopped moving
Old 03-11-2015, 03:11 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

I also recently built a wraith and also like it expontentially more than my scx10. Although my scx10 has been 10 times more reliable. My wraith seems to break a lot, but its brushless and 3s so it might be all the power I'm putting through it.
racinfast002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:21 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Here are some pics of the new to me Wraith, any dust or scratches you see were from my first run with it. It came with Axial bead locks and ripsaws but I like my wheels and tires better.
Attached Images

Old 03-12-2015, 10:59 AM   #9

That wraith looks sick!!! I was thinking about getting one of these, do you like it? Are they pretty fast?

Last edited by Loverslie; 03-12-2015 at 11:06 AM.
Loverslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:16 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loverslie View Post
That wraith looks sick!!! I was thinking about getting one of these, do you like it? Are they pretty fast?
Thanks, it still has an aluminum body kit on the way, much to do yet. It's fast enough to rough it up a bit and catch a little air yet it can crawl like crazy, man what a fun rig! An absolute blast.