Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: crawler built for speed?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2006, 12:57 PM   #1

Default crawler built for speed?

my one rc is a pede but i am here because i wanted to compete with my friends e-maxx its stock but can still go places my pede can only dream of. so i started looking around and found this place now here is my crazy question ... im not that into crawling right now it just seems to me that crawlers are built tuff as nails so i want one ... but it must be faster... then a normal crawler at least as fast as a stock e-maxx now i first wanted a clod because will its big and bad but then i found the txt and said hey thats cool to and u dont got the motors on the axles witch i kinda like and dislike but anways then i found the tlt i like it because the junfac chassis is cheap vs clod and txt chassis and it uses what apears to me as a normal stampede tranny so one motor. now would the axles handle a burshless motor ? and my second question is am i just crazy and looking for problems trying to make a fast monster truck crawler? if i am ill just buy a e-maxx or e-savage and call it good but im open to a txt or clod also witch ever will be better off going fast
v1d9uy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2006, 01:29 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

hmm i dont think you can get them fast its because you have to have a lathe motor which is slow in itself then you have to gear it down so for it to be capablr i dont think its possible
theshimonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:54 PM   #3
I'm a stupid C U N T!

before there was "crawling" the clods were used for racing. you can build a fast truck and many of the components used in crawling will work, you will have to some custom work too. crawlers a are built for slow, you will need stiffer shocks, faster motors, and like any fast truck you wont have the run times like you will with a crawler. you will lose some of the ability of the truck due to the extra speed. certain chassis will work better than others too. a stick would be a bad choice because of its lack of verticle suspention. you will probably want 4 link setup.
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:56 PM   #4