Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Turnbuckle problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2007, 08:41 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Turnbuckle problems

I am having problems with the 105mm turnbuckles. This is a total noob thread but I can't assemble them. I have tried really hard to get the black ends in and in the end i put them in hot water and got them on. I don't think that they are supposed to be threaded. Now i can't get the little silver balls in. Is there a certain way to get them in? Any helpful hints on assembling the links would help a ton. And i am trying to get them done tonight so any quick responses would be appreciated. Thanks.
Norcal crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

To get the ball in, use some needle nose pliers. Put one prong (don't know what else to call it) on the ball and the other prong on the other side of the rod end, then sqeeze until the ball pops in place.

Just an FYI....one side of turnbuckles is a left hand thread, so it threads in the opposite direction of a normal thread. This is so that when the turnbuckle is in place you can turn it one way and it lengthens the rod, turn the other way and the rod is shortened.

Let me know if you need some pics, I can go take some real quick if you don't understand.
SVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:58 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Na thats ok. I never knew that they were differend directions. I knew that it lengthened and shortened by twisting the middle thing but i never knew how. Ill try it in the morning. Thanks a bunch.
Norcal crawler is offline   Reply With Quote