Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: newbie needs parts and info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2016, 02:27 PM   #1

Default newbie needs parts and info

I am VERY new to re crawling. I have an Axial Scorpion Kit that was built with rear steer. Other than that it is mostly stock. I am into crawling full size jeeps so I understand how to build strong crawlers but I don't know where to look for parts for RC trucks. I also don't know what is compatible with my truck. I am looking for info on what brands are compatible with my truck and any other Scorpion tricks and mods others have already done that have made their truck a stronger crawler.
Thanks
drbgjung is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2016, 05:11 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: newbie needs parts and info

the scorpion is very dated, so much so that its pretty much outclassed by more recent kits.

First thing to do is to get a manual for it from axial, which is free
http://docs.axialracing.com/instruct...orpion_KIT.pdf

The style axles you have continued on with the scx10, so pretty much any upgrade for those axles should work with yours

As far as where to shop, open google and type in "rc crawler upgrades". Personally i like rpp hobby and ckrc the most. You can also find deals on ebay and amazon if you know what you are looking for.

This forum has a section for the ax10 so looking through some builds and getting some ideas is a good idea, if you ask questions most people are more than willing to help.

Posting more details will help guide you in your effort to get a stronger crawler. If you dont know what you have just take pictures and somebody will be able to point out everything you have. Knowing what motor, esc, servo and batteries you are using is a must.

If it still has the stock chassis I would recommend buying a new one. The un-stuck chassis from krazed builds is only 60 bucks and has gotten alot of praise. Getting spools for the front and rear axles is another good idea.

Make a build thread with pictures and people will give you lots of input, try to keep in mind that alot of things that apply to a 1:1 crawler do not apply to an RC comp crawler so you might not know as much as you think you do.
onebullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 05:46 PM   #3

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate the info and will check out the links and begin to post a build thread.
drbgjung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:45 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I'm guessing your esc doesn't have drag brake or lipo cutoff, so that would be first on my list of todo's. Do you want to turn it into something like a real truck? That's a popular thing to do here and there are lots of build threads to help. Check out the link in my signature below for some more info on vendors, upgrades, etc.
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 05:44 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebullet View Post
the scorpion is very dated, so much so that its pretty much outclassed by more recent kits.

First thing to do is to get a manual for it from axial, which is free
http://docs.axialracing.com/instruct...orpion_KIT.pdf

The style axles you have continued on with the scx10, so pretty much any upgrade for those axles should work with yours

...i like rpp hobby and ckrc the most.

This forum has a section for the ax10 so looking through some builds and getting some ideas is a good idea, if you ask questions most people are more than willing to help.

Posting more details will help guide you in your effort to get a stronger crawler. If you dont know what you have just take pictures and somebody will be able to point out everything you have. Knowing what motor, esc, servo and batteries you are using is a must.

If it still has the stock chassis I would recommend buying a new one. The un-stuck chassis from krazed builds is only 60 bucks and has gotten alot of praise. Getting spools for the front and rear axles is another good idea.

Make a build thread with pictures and people will give you lots of input, try to keep in mind that alot of things that apply to a 1:1 crawler do not apply to an RC comp crawler so you might not know as much as you think you do.
X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbgjung View Post
Thank you for the reply. I appreciate the info and will check out the links and begin to post a build thread.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote

newbie needs parts and info - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
charger info for newbie duncgill Newbie General 1 09-07-2015 07:30 PM
Summit info for a newbie please Tbone Traxxas Crawlers 11 09-24-2012 01:58 AM
Some newbie info needed Farmer Larry Newbie General 3 12-20-2008 09:00 AM
Newbie AX-10 Component Info jbsmith Newbie General 7 03-24-2008 08:18 PM
Newbie Here! Need Tlt Info TLTBASHER Newbie General 2 12-30-2005 06:20 PM