Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Axial Yeti RTR noob repair/compatibility help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2016, 02:24 PM   #1

Default Axial Yeti RTR noob repair/compatibility help.

So, someone hit the front of my Yeti pretty hard which caused my caster block to snap in half up front.

I was able to get a replacement STRC caster block and as I was taking everything apart to install that I noticed that the knuckle was broken on the bottom. This is also when I noticed that I was missing the front dogbone there as well.

I recently purchased a VP knuckle along with the VP VVD V1-HD axle shaft as a replacement that should be here next week. I figured if I have to replace, I may as well upgrade.

Being the noob that I am, I realize I should have asked these questions PRIOR to ordering.

My questions are:

1. Will I have issues using the STRC caster block with the VP Knuckle and Axle Shaft? I am very new to this world so I'm not sure I am ready to take on any fabrication to make things work just yet.

2. Are there any other pieces I need to purchase in order to make these parts work when I install them or will I be good to go with what's included? I am hoping that once they arrive I can jump straight to installing and going. But if I do need something else in order to use the shafts I would like to get that ordered and out of the way to avoid more waiting.

Currently, aside from the STRC caster block, my Yeti is bone stock in every way possible(wheels, tires etc) but I hope the Knuckle and Axle shaft are good to go as is to get my back up and running (until the next piece breaks and needs replaced)
Hedsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2016, 08:58 AM   #2

Default Re: Axial Yeti RTR noob repair/compatibility help.

Nothing huh? dang!
Old 04-20-2016, 10:40 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I don't think you'll have a problem.
Rjohn929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjohn929 View Post
I don't think you'll have a problem.
Thank you!

I ended up just ordering a new set of VP blocks just to be safe. Figure whatever spare set I don't use I can either keep as a spare or give to someone that needs them more to get themselves back up and running too.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:19 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I had a problem fitting VP knuckles to my STRC carriers. But Ive seen others run this combo without issues. I ended up switching to VP knucks cuz the VVDs wouldnt fit in my SSD ones. Then I had to get VP carriers cuz the VP knucks would work with the STRC carriers! Live and learn...
DeviledEggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 05:26 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedsic View Post
...I ended up just ordering a new set of VP blocks just to be safe. Figure whatever spare set I don't use I can either keep as a spare or give to someone that needs them more to get themselves back up and running too.
Good idea, and VP uses top quality materials. STRC is doing pretty well too, but you never know there are so many combinations of parts and all it takes is a tolerance +/- on one peice vs the other or a slight 'improvement' of the part by one company that may make it incompatible with others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviledEggs View Post
I had a problem fitting VP knuckles to my STRC carriers. But Ive seen others run this combo without issues. I ended up switching to VP knucks cuz the VVDs wouldnt fit in my SSD ones. Then I had to get VP carriers cuz the VP knucks would work with the STRC carriers! Live and learn...
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial Yeti RTR noob repair/compatibility help. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial Yeti - Critical Dimensions, Parts compatibility, Gearing etc Harley Axial Yeti 190 07-09-2019 05:35 PM
Receiver for Yeti and Transmitter Compatibility Ahod39 Axial Yeti 4 09-29-2015 01:08 PM