Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: New to the hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2016, 09:44 AM   #1

Exclamation New to the hobby

Hello All out there in crazy RC Land...I was walking through the park with a gorgeous woman...and there was an AXIAL crawler, well two, a guy and his girl were running these amazingly awesome vehicles...his was hopped up with a bluetooth speaker...I was overwhelmed...the days of RC of my youth was the RC10...which I couldn't afford...

Well, I bought a SCX10 within two weeks of seeing his crawler...basic car with some upgrades....already started modding....working on LEDs now

I am in need of spare parts....I am not sure where to post in search of...etc...I figured I would join a forum and do some seeking before spending more retail $$$

Looking for LEDs, a rocker switch, JST male/female (3 sets)
My truck only came with the truck and body...I was hoping to find 4 of the light/grilles to put over the LEDs in the front and rear

*Cannot figure out how to upload a photo??
Paulybatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2016, 09:56 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New to the hobby

You can upload photos by using the tapatalk app. Look for stuff in the classifieds section. I recommend paying the $20 to become a star member also, it'll open up more options to you. Look through the stickies so you get a rough idea of what the different membership levels get you. Tons of great info in the scx10 section. Welcome to the addiction and get ready to buy your lady a rig
shiftauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 10:14 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

The single best part of this community is you get no drama unlike FB.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk
MX4141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 12:44 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulybatz View Post
Hello All out there in crazy RC Land...I was walking through the park with a gorgeous woman...and there was an AXIAL crawler, well two, a guy and his girl were running these amazingly awesome vehicles...his was hopped up with a bluetooth speaker...I was overwhelmed...the days of RC of my youth was the RC10...which I couldn't afford...

Well, I bought a SCX10 within two weeks of seeing his crawler...basic car with some upgrades....already started modding....working on LEDs now

I am in need of spare parts....I am not sure where to post in search of...etc...I figured I would join a forum and do some seeking before spending more retail $$$

My truck only came with the truck and body...I was hoping to find 4 of the light/grilles to put over the LEDs in the front and rear

Welcome and all nice, but the bluetooth speakers....hate em...out in peaceful crawling/comping mode and along comes dude cranking music...no thanks. I remember the original RC10, dang it was expensive, I had a Tamiya Falcon and wished for RC10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftauto View Post
You can upload photos by using the tapatalk app. Look for stuff in the classifieds section. I recommend paying the $20 to become a star member also, it'll open up more options to you. Look through the stickies so you get a rough idea of what the different membership levels get you. Tons of great info in the scx10 section. Welcome to the addiction and get ready to buy your lady a rig
X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX4141 View Post
X2 mostly and any site is better than Bookface.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 01:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulybatz View Post

Pauly Batz walking through NYC with a gorgeous woman. Are you on a reality show?

HobbyKing has pretty much everything you need in terms of LEDs, wires and connectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX4141 View Post

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk
Huh?! You're new here, aren't you?
JatoTheRipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:26 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

First of all this hobby is much more enjoyable when you're single. So ditch the hottie before she starts complaining about the buckets of money you will be dumping into your new and true love

Seriously though. You've come to a great place that has endless amounts of great info, unlike FB and the flex Friday crowd you'll find on there.
In your search for spare parts, I'd recommend places like RPP Hobby and look through the vendors that are listed on here. I hate to say this, but sometimes I use fleaBay for some things that I'm having a hard time finding or to get a good deal.
By the way, welcome aboard!
Jeepiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 06:59 PM   #7

Welcome to the endless money pit of fun!!
Jeff Jenkins sr is offline   Reply With Quote

New to the hobby - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Worst hobby shop in town! Franks Hobby hell hole bolibruch1 Arizona 26 10-07-2014 06:46 PM
I am getting out of the hobby JohnRobHolmes Chit Chat 11 04-01-2008 11:49 AM