Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Scx10 suspension/steering questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2016, 08:47 PM   #1

Default Scx10 suspension/steering questions

I installed the strc cms and panhard kit on my scx10. And just got a pair of 110mm rc4wd king shocks. They work great besides the fact the when the suspension is fully extended the wheels turn to the right. I'm not too educated on suspension and steering and I wanted to know if there is anyway to fix this? Would I have to mount the servo back on the axle to keep the shocks on the truck? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Motobomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2016, 04:49 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Scx10 suspension/steering questions

what you are describing is bump steer. What you need to do to fix it is make sure that these two links are the same length (the drag link and panhard link):

The panhard kit in the picture is the vanquish kit, and the two links are the same length. I'm not sure if that is the case with the STRC kit but it could be. The reason why both links have to be the same length is that when the suspension compresses/ extends, the steering link will push outward because of the difference in length and cause the truck to steer.
caleb.cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 05:13 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

They also need to be as close to parallel with each as possible. I run the Locked Up RC CMS and the geometry is great. So I can't speak directly to the STRC kit…
ElChupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 05:19 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

x2 to the comments about making sure the drag link and panhard are the same length and parallel. But even at that, 110mm is very long for an SCX10 and will probably create geometry issues at full extension in some form or another regardless of how good your setup is. My suggestion would be to get the basic geometry as good as you can and then limit suspension travel so that you don't get unwanted issues at full extension. Good luck!
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Scx10 suspension/steering questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Titanium Steering and Suspension Links for SCX10 Honcho and Rubicon Blue Monkey RC Chassis and Suspension 31 05-02-2014 08:15 PM
SCX10 Delrin Suspension and Steering Links Blue Monkey RC Chassis and Suspension 6 12-12-2012 12:15 PM
suspension questions thesnake505 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 5 01-07-2012 10:03 AM
Steering and suspension questions Tbone Axial AX-10 Scorpion 8 09-04-2009 10:53 PM
Suspension questions 5150Crawl Newbie General 2 01-08-2008 02:11 PM