Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Just a quick couple of questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2007, 10:26 PM   #1

Default Just a quick couple of questions

Hey guys, Im kinda new to the scene. I have modded a few zip zaps, and other smaller rc cars for crawling. Now my first question is are there any ready to drive rigs out now that are good for crawling. I know the Nylints are on a break right now and thats what I would really like. At least for a starter. But after looking at some of the more custom rides on here and at some point I would eather like to build one from scratch or near scratch.. What would I be loking at cost wise for a base model crawler? Also what kind of time dose it take and skill is needed? Again right now im just looking for a 1:18 entry crawler now for around $50-$80.
Stoney0102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2007, 10:48 PM   #2
Gettin’ back on the horse

im sure you saw all the tlts that your best bet for that scale, but your gonna have to drop some dough. they have some comp ready kits out there based on the tlt but thats between 400-600 (some one help me out with the price) best bet would to buy a tlt kit ($70) and slowly build, you'll still need electronics though. or find a nylint!
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:05 PM   #3

Yea, I just finished looking at the tamiya web site. They have one on there for $140 which I think I could swing and that way I have a strong platform to build on. I dont really have the desire to compete, just wanna play around on some rocks. I'm not the best at modding these kinds of things though, so the mods I would do would be small at least at first. Thanks for the help. Ill post up my progress as I go. What the differ from the kit and the ready to run one?
Old 01-25-2007, 06:20 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

There are alot of Nylints on ebay right now, so bid away. You should be able to get one, a 1:6th or 1:18th in your price range. I say go for the 1:6th. These monsters have proportional throttle and steering where the 1:18s do not.
Savrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:51 PM   #5

This is the Zip zap crawler I built, and thats about as much mod work I have done to a rc car.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:15 PM   #6
RYY
Rock Stacker

Tammies Hobbies is putting out a kit less a number of items. I just went through the process of purchasing the TLT kit and all the other pieces that Tammies has put together as one. They were able to do it well below what I paid. Add Wheels, chassis, body and electronics and go with a very serious better than entery level crawler.
Just my thoughts!!!
RYY
RYY is offline   Reply With Quote