Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: New Canadian Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2017, 11:59 AM   #1

Default New Canadian Crawler

Good Day folks,

So let me first say I am brand new to crawling, but I have ran a pair of Nitro trucks in the past....purely stock and purely for fun about 10 years ago.

So far I have purchased a Redcat Everest 10 RTR, and a couple simple things. Panther 2.2 cougar tires, weights to possibly weight the tires and a slightly larger battery.

Now that being said I have done some reading about the Everest 10, and different ideas people give for "Upgrading" it....sadly I do not know how to do much of it.

I am not worried too much about breaking a part here and there trying to learn, but would like to limit that as much as possible.

Anyone know of tutorials...or a "RC Crawling for Dummies" thing, it would be appreciated.

Anyways I welcome all information and advice, as ALL my stuff needs to be ordered and is generally weeks to get here.

Kind Regards,
Furaites
Furaites is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2017, 08:28 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New Canadian Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furaites View Post
Good Day folks,

So let me first say I am brand new to crawling, but I have ran a pair of Nitro trucks in the past....purely stock and purely for fun about 10 years ago.

So far I have purchased a Redcat Everest 10 RTR, and a couple simple things. Panther 2.2 cougar tires, weights to possibly weight the tires and a slightly larger battery.

Now that being said I have done some reading about the Everest 10, and different ideas people give for "Upgrading" it....sadly I do not know how to do much of it.

I am not worried too much about breaking a part here and there trying to learn, but would like to limit that as much as possible.

Anyone know of tutorials...or a "RC Crawling for Dummies" thing, it would be appreciated.

Anyways I welcome all information and advice, as ALL my stuff needs to be ordered and is generally weeks to get here.

Kind Regards,
Furaites
Lots of practice. Try harder and harder obstacles. You learn your truck and your limits. Every truck and driver is different. You will need to learn the balance point of the rig. It's the point at which the rig will roll over (turtle).

As far as the truck goes, lower ride height as much as possible and move weight as low as possible to reduce center of gravity. Smaller batteries and wheel weights are simple and cheap upgrades. Good luck. This place is huge treasure trove of information.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Motorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:15 PM   #3

Welcome to Rccrawler!

where in Canada are you from?
originalsledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:35 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorider View Post
Lots of practice. Try harder and harder obstacles. You learn your truck and your limits. Every truck and driver is different. You will need to learn the balance point of the rig. It's the point at which the rig will roll over (turtle).

As far as the truck goes, lower ride height as much as possible and move weight as low as possible to reduce center of gravity. Smaller batteries and wheel weights are simple and cheap upgrades. Good luck. This place is huge treasure trove of information.
X2

Read the stickies and build threads here, watch some videos too. Welcome to RCC!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:44 PM   #5
RCC Addict

howdy neighbor welcome aboard ...Well you come to the right place and here's a start to a great adventure..Lots of googling and here will get you lots of info..

RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech - Redcat RS10 at RCCrawler.com
rustneversleeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:50 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Go out and have fun, cause practice make perfect.

The 2 following videos from RCSparks I found really informative, plus is home course is a dream!

https://youtu.be/GleOFHalj58

https://youtu.be/sqJXcYO75Tc

D
valheru is offline   Reply With Quote

New Canadian Crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canadian Tire Crawler! Abednego General Crawlers 6 12-08-2007 10:00 PM
A vid from Canadian Crawler Canadian Crawler Videos! 5 09-30-2006 06:31 PM
Another Canadian crawler Nivaguy Tamiya TLT Crawlers 4 09-10-2006 11:23 PM