RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Newbie General (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/)
-   -   Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<< (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/597-attn-newbies-post-here.html)

theiceman72 04-01-2006 07:17 AM

Sup folks, well I am a noob to the crawler scene. But not to the RC scene. I have been in the RC scene since the original RC 10. I actually owned an original grasshopper. Anyway right now I happen to get a horrid Venom Mini Giant in a trade. So instead of tossing this mess in the dump, I decided to turn it into a crawler. I ordered pretty much every new part I could, probably could build a second one. Last night I started working on my project. I call it "Project Nightmare". Last night I extended the drive shafts and cut the tube to extend it. I will post pics when I get more done.

Dollarhide 04-02-2006 01:25 PM

I guess you could call me a Newbie too. I've been in the Nitro game for a while though. I'm wanting to start into Crawling now and need to know what truck would be good. I want Electric and I want a straight axle front and rear. Is it possible to gear these things down so that top speed is super slow? That's what I want. Any help would be great. Thanks

666 04-02-2006 02:40 PM

Hello! I'm Patrick, i live in Colorado. Been checking out this site 4 a while now,it's inspired me to build a mad force, a clod, a txt, and now a tlt! I've been wheeling since i was 14 so the itch 4 more never goes away! Thanks to all that have posted all the useful info and made this such a great hobby!:)

blazed 04-05-2006 10:22 PM

hi i forgot my name :flipoff: but oh hell why am i doing this? im in kerman/fresno.
and i anit a newb. :mrgreen: ok i hate all newbs :flipoff:

twistedconcept 04-05-2006 11:36 PM

Sup all,

I've been into r/c's for quite some time now. But now mainly into drifting my Mini RS4 [not micro] and now working on this crawler. I've been interested in them since the TLT came out and sparked some imagination into me. So i'll try to gather as much info as i can from you guys :mrgreen:

wallnut 04-06-2006 05:04 PM

stick it

how much cheese will i need to build my crawler, I would be using the stick frame?

nick_burgo 04-07-2006 12:05 AM

Hey all!! New to the rc crawling scene and just thought i would say hi.

Just like to say that this is a rad website. Thanx to whom ever mad it !!!!

I live Canberra, Australia. And i have got a atech mini monster that i am turning in to a trail/crawling rig !! I hope to post some pics in the near future !!!

Meh :lol:

Smash N Bash 04-08-2006 08:16 PM

Hey....I'm Matt. I live near Chicago IL. I'm in high school, no job, and have an awesome revo! Planning on getting/making a crawler in the near future, not sure what I'm doing yet though.

JeepguyNJ 04-11-2006 08:16 PM

So I see this is the place to introduce myself! My name is Rich, and I live in Northern NJ. I'm new to RC Crawling, but not to RC. I've been in the sport for a while...I currently race at a club level in T-maxx Offroad, 2wd Truck Offroad, and a couple of dirt oval classes. I also wheel an 89 Cherokee.

Looking foward to learning from this site!!

Rich

Here's a pic of the XJ..hope posting it works!

http://home.earthlink.net/%7Erich_bennett/45r.jpg

xtraflyr 04-11-2006 09:31 PM

Hey Rich, Welcome aboard! I also live in North East Jersey and roll in a 01 Cherokee 3.5" RE Superflex and 265x75xr16 BFG Muds.. I'll look out for ya in the Jersey area..

Later,
Frank

Benlatak 04-12-2006 02:10 AM

Hello.

My name is Benjamin but call me BENLATAK.

I have an Emaxx and my project is do build a crawler with a TXT-1

I live in south of FRANCE. :mrgreen:

And if you want to know something else, tell me.

Thanks. :-P

somedude 04-13-2006 07:24 PM

Hey, my name's Matt, and i'm a total newb to crawling. Just got me a tlt so i figued a crawler may be coming on, but i have no clue where to start.

I'm running a twin detonator, soon the tlt, a highly modded evader pro, a rising storm, and dream about owning a clod:lol:

Anyone got any info on making tlt tubers?

the shtick 04-14-2006 11:43 AM

HEY ROCK RATS AND BOULDER *****ES!

My name is Brett and obviously I'm new to this forum but not all that new to the clod crawler thing, about 7 or more years ago when ESP came out with there all aluminum 4 link design i fell in love so i made my own and man was it *****en (YES I AM PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK:-P ) but i only farted around with it for a couple of months and then put it away. now i found this forum and it sparked up the flame, so I broke out the clod the other day and started a shtick setup. i will be posting pics soon and crawlin all over place (SMALL CHILDREN AND PETs BEWARE).

GREAT SITE!

HOPE TO CRAWL WITH SOME OF YOU SOON!
later

raphy777 04-23-2006 01:59 AM

Hey im Bachir from pitt meadows BC, Canada, and iwas just wondering what the hell an esc actualy does. I know, I know stupid question :flipoff: .

Emaxximuss78 04-23-2006 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raphy777
Hey im Bachir from pitt meadows BC, Canada, and iwas just wondering what the hell an esc actualy does. I know, I know stupid question :flipoff: .

ESC Electronic Speed Controle.
IT controles the amout of current flowing in and out of the motor.

Creaper 04-28-2006 12:15 AM

loot

ok ive been in rc since i was in west germany back in '89 when i was 6 yrs old during this time i got my self a clod buster and a black foot and i want to take this cars and create them in to a crawler. i would like to do some of my own tube work but i dunno how to weld (do!h). if anyt one can help me out with how to do stuff like thisim pretty darn good with a cad program so i bet i could be a designer for neew frames and wa not.

rigs i have now
revo
tr-15
black foot
clod buster

Bird76Mojo 04-28-2006 12:50 AM

Hey all!

I just gotta say this site is the best/most detailed site I've found on RC in general ever! Not all of this applies only to crawlers but just about any other car, truck, buggy, or homemade rc vehicle. I'll admit it, I've just been lurking around for the past few months learning LOADS on crawlers. I even managed to mod my own TQ3 and learn to solder in one night!! I bought an original 80's era Clod on Ebay and got to it. From all of the knowledge I've gained on this site I've managed to cobble together a damn nifty tube (brake line mig welded) frame clod. Kind of a rock buggy/clod/??? This has to be the most excited I've been about RC in years and it's thanks to this site that I decided to start my clod project. It's finished enough to test (toasted 2 Traxxas high torque's already) :twisted: and almost ready for paint. (It'll never be fully finished!) I'll post up some pics as soon as I pick up another camera as I'm lacking one now (Drunk a-holes stealing my s*#t) Sorry for the rambling on but I wanted everyone to know that all the hard work testing and posting is VERY APPRECIATED!! Oh yeah thanks to the admin's! Peace out....:mrgreen:

freetimecrawler 04-28-2006 01:50 AM

Welcome to RCC and the RC rock crawling world!!!

You've found the best site on the internet for RC.

freetimecrawler 04-28-2006 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somedude
Hey, my name's Matt, and i'm a total newb to crawling. Just got me a tlt so i figued a crawler may be coming on, but i have no clue where to start.

I'm running a twin detonator, soon the tlt, a highly modded evader pro, a rising storm, and dream about owning a clod:lol:

Anyone got any info on making tlt tubers?

Welcome to RCC Matt.

Check here and you should find plenty of info.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tools-procedures/

MtnGoat 05-07-2006 10:39 AM

NC Newbie

Hey, my name's VG, and I'm a total newbie to Crawling - RC ... everything is this "world". Looking to start into this game and have some fun with myself (not in that way) and get out with my Son this summer, but i have no clue where to start. I've heard of a "park" out in Vass NC looking to get out there soon.

Looking to build a Clod that can would have a dump bed on it. :lol: Something in the thinking of making a CLOD MAMMOTH DUMP TRUCK.

Anything can be corrected with the right of amount of explosives!! :twisted: P = Plenty