RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Newbie General (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/)
-   -   Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<< (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/597-attn-newbies-post-here.html)

sirus56 02-02-2006 12:21 PM

The names Rob but call me Oggy, Im 21 from Birmingham,England and im a electronics student , I currently own a TT-01 that i race and i'm on the lookout for a CLOD to start crawling whith

Oggy

PS GREAT SITE

max power 02-08-2006 06:52 PM

HELLO IM NEW HER SO I WANTD TOO NO WAT IT WOLD TAKE TO COVERRT MY CLOD TO A SHARTY WHATS THE BEST WAY TO GET LOT OF ARTICKULATHON

:lol: :flipoff: :lol:

Hello, I'm Max Power....I migrated over from Scale4X4 so i could learn a little more bout the crawler scene.

Currently I own a SD bodied XC, a Fastlane F-350 awaiting a frame and MF axles, and a clod...which I plan on turning into a crawler, nothing for comps....just a basher.

I've been lurking for awhile so yes I know were the search button is:shock: and I'm sure that the stickies will suffice in finding the info I need....

g-man 02-11-2006 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason

Give us the general info:
Who you are?
What kind of rig you have?
Where you live?

Jason

Gerald ~ a.k.a. G-MAN

1-1:6 Nylint Jeep
1-1:18 Nylant Jeep
2-1:18 Nylant Jeep

Columbia Tennessee

Let the Party Begin!

peej410 02-13-2006 07:35 PM

hey all i signed up last week i think, i have a tmaxx. im a race car fabricator and street car builder in CT i used to play with RC cars when i was younger. ive had everything from tamiyas, hpis, then i got a stampede, i realized how much fun it was to finally have a truck. i used to race touring cars here in glastonbury, i have a 72 datsun 240z with a chevy v8 in it. http://www.autosportfab.com is my business check out the link to see some of my work. i just started buying parts off ebay to build a tuber. except i was considering using 1/4in rod because i think it will be easier to tig weld than the thin brakeline 5/16th stuff. anyways thassit

kliff 02-15-2006 07:37 AM

Another FNG here.....main interest of late has been Nitro MT's, with a backgrund in RC helis and planes that spns 30+ years.

Jason Carter, author of the Rock Talk column in RC Driver works at the LHS, and after talking to him, reading his column, finding this site...yadayadayada.....I decided todo a Crawler....already had my mind made up to do one, was gonna be nitro....but I can see, 'lctric is gonna be better....

Gonna use a T-Maxx as a base, cause that's what's in the junk box.....but like everything else I seen here....fab, fab, and fab some more. Not gonna be built in a hurry.....so I'll be around a while....:roll:

modnylint 02-20-2006 03:41 PM

Another newbie here. New to r/c crawling but not new to r/c. Have had several electric off-road buggies, and a couple glow-fuel buggies. Recently picked up a 1/6 scale Nylint...and decided to get a clodbuster to work on. Just got the clod, and deciding if I want to buy a crawler chassis for the axles, or make one myself.

Chris

Trent28 02-25-2006 01:04 AM

Hallo!

Hey im Trent.

Im in the SoCal region (La Mesa, California) and have been involved with heavy RC for, well, a long time, perhaps 6 years? Im 15 and have a small collection of 7 or 8 rcs in varying states of disrepair.

I just recently started on a clod rock crawler project, which ill speak more of when Ive actually built something ;-). I enjoy fabricating and designing, no matter what I happen to be thinking of. I like drawing, so whenever I think of a project I begin an extensive process of doodling and drafting :lol:. Im a perfectionist and tend to over-engineer most things, but thats fine with me.

So, ehhh, hi and, hope to see more of everyone!

PROTOTYPE 03-04-2006 06:31 PM

Quote:

Who you are?

Paul

Quote:

What kind of rig you have?

None @ the moment....:roll: :evil:

Quote:

Where you live?

CT

On another note I do wheel 4 1:1 rides, 2 Jeeps, 1 Toy for my wife, and building a unlimited buggy based rig.

Like I said in the other thread nice place you got here! Nice to find an informative bunch of people.

So if anyone has a decent RTR crawler {4 sale}hit me with a PM so we can talk!

double-d 03-04-2006 07:32 PM

newbies first try

Hey guys, my name is Daniel. I am in Indiana, and this is my first time on here. I'll tell you what I've got. I have a MGT, a clod axled crawler roller, a 4wd pulling truck with a shelby sled, 2 juggernauts on the way, and a bruiser chassis which I just got off of e-bay for $200. I will try to figure out the site so I can post some pictures.

frost89434 03-05-2006 11:59 AM

Hello everyone:mrgreen: I am new to crawling. I am in the process of trying to either build or buy a crawler. I ahve been into nitro for awhile. I have a lst, mini lst, jato, revo, emaxx, and a savage. I live in reno, NV I am 32 and also enjoy guns and hunting. My name is jim

broncoboy 03-06-2006 06:32 PM

hi i'm a newb here. I am from the small town of scappoose. I drive a soon to be tricked out tlt. I enjoy riding my blaster, and of course rc crawl'in. My name is Tanner Christofferson (kris-toff-er-sun)

bugz_2002 03-10-2006 09:52 AM

kind of a newbie

yeah i am been a member for a while here just never really said to much just read the forms. but i just thoguht i would say hi to everyone.

and the info you guys wants

Kevin
clod stock but going to upgrade to crawler soon
petoskey, michigan

i think that is all the info you guys asked for at the begain of this form.

zero_21 03-11-2006 11:37 PM

im a newbie. theese RC crawlers are bad a$$ i just picked up a nylint scorpion today :flipoff: even though shes stock it still crawls like a beast:evil: my first mod was cutting out thoughs stupid all black windows :roll: will post pics later after other mods (so it doesnt look like a bucket) later.

ramblux 03-19-2006 09:21 PM

Just joined. Not new to R/C but definitely new to crawlers. I've been jonesing to do something crawling-related since seeing the 1:1 crawling demos at SEMA a few years ago, and this seems like the perfect way to do it without breaking the bank. The wife wants a real one, but that'll have to wait a couple of years until our other projects are finished.

I just purchased a TLT from "jamesdezy" here on the boards, so as soon as it arrives in the mail I'll begin the transformation :-P Woo hoo!

-Mike
www.driftrwdsport.com

armornut 03-21-2006 01:32 PM

newb

Hi new here. Name is Justin. I have tons of RC stuff, but I just got some things to make some crawlers:mrgreen:. Rockbull II and TLT. I live in central California near some great sites for crawling.

I love this site, so much info.

Justin "Armornut" Day

durtmaxx 03-22-2006 11:06 PM

1/4 metal rod ends...too big?

Hey this is J. from redwood city, CA. Turning my Tmaxx into a trail rig with links for more articulation, not a full crawler, want to keep the engine, .I was at my local hardware store and found some 1/4 metal rods ends, i'm thinking about using them. They are a bit big but they look beefy and not that heavy(heavy but no that much...lol). Need some opinions.

thanks

kamo00 03-23-2006 04:29 PM

Hey guys,

NewB here, I dont own an official "rock crawler" yet but I got a couple of monsters:
Traxxas Revo 2.5 cant think of all my mods, but ill post pics and a thread about it in the General Crawlers or another forum.
Traxxas E-Maxx- stock and broken from driving in the snow. Currently running on a "Pro runner" esc desinged for 540 motors and only running one of the 550's. PM me if you guys have any advice or opinions on my trucks :D.

WVCrawler 03-24-2006 07:39 PM

High people, I'm new to rccrawling, but not to rc. My 10 yr old son and I found this site and decided we need to build one or two of these cool rigs. I've read many posts here and have learned a great deal. Will let you all know what we build when they are done. By the way, we live in the mountains of West Virginia with lots of rocks in the back yard. Thanks, Levi(dad) and Zachary(son).

bigjeeper 03-26-2006 03:08 PM

newbe here looking to build a tuber soon:mrgreen: toys of right now 1/18 nylint stock for now and thease two 1.1 toys
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/vbpgima...?do=full&p=532

azxj91 03-27-2006 09:37 PM

Hello all!! i'm a noob!!!

This site is awesome! Tons of info and not much flamming!!! been reading / searching awhile but this my first post. i've always liked rc, still have my old grasshopper from high school. i got a 4x4 nitro buggy at x-mas, which led me to find this place. now i need a crawler! i'm looking into a tlt build. i like the size and the scale look. i'll have alot of ques so be looking for me and thanks in advance!

azxj91