RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Newbie General (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/)
-   -   Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<< (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/597-attn-newbies-post-here.html)

phillyb 11-08-2004 12:00 AM

Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

sup sup, lots of newbs i see, tried to read most of that.

i am phil. newb to rc crawlin, but have always tried my damnest to drive over anything in my rc's way, be that another 1/8 buggy or a rock.

i am from virginia, spend most of my time bored out of my mind.

1:1 used to be a nissan xterra on 33" MTRs but after trying to drown it in a river i decided to get rid of it and now drive a subaru.

rc stuff:
hot bodies lightning buggy this is my racing rig. smokin fast, unbreakable.
revo, busted it all up, cant finish a 5 min race without bustin it.
TLT-1, tryin to make this a stretched crawler, probably my main entertainment for this winter.
FT TC-3, this is my drifting car, but i have hardly driven it.
mini-t, modded like crazy, hate it.
xmod - sucks :flipoff:
emaxx - in pieces, parts might go into the tlt.

my mission here:
make my tlt-1 a serious unstoppable rc, capable of snow, rock, dirt, etc.

txtmaxx-1 11-21-2004 01:09 PM

I'm txtmaxx-1. I'm from Katy,TX. My hobbies are in my profile and my truck and what I want to do with it is in my signature. :D

hybrid-r-raider 11-25-2004 11:40 PM

hey i new toooo but old to a few that smell like poo, i from aberdeen wash, and im starting to build a crawler, got a lot of money to spend toys, so figured why not, check out topic: building first crawler what doyou all think and give some input thanx

creeper 12-01-2004 06:58 PM

names john im from south jersey ( srry joy z) been into R/C for a while then got out now im back 8O i have 2 black foots right now but will be lookin for a new project ahhh i love e bay been surfin this board for a couple days and i must say you guys know your poop hope to learn alot here

Rockwag91 12-04-2004 12:06 AM

Hey guys
I only have a full scale 4 wheel drive for now but I need a rc crawler since I am curent 3000 miles from it. LONG STORY. Its a 91 grand wagoneer with 4 inch lift, custom EFI, spool in the rear and posi front. Its alot of fun. I am hopefully gonna build a scale crawler from a tlt. You guys seem really cool. Thanks

wilks_80 12-09-2004 10:55 AM

Hey guys. This site got me interested in this sport. I have a Jeep, but I moved to Indiana. Yes I said Indiana. I wasn't about to drive it 700 miles. So I needed something for me to tinker on. Brand new to this RC crawling stuff and new to RC. It is Great.

kwj48 12-15-2004 10:02 AM

Hello people I'm new to the site but not rc's. Here in VA its been kinda cold so I needed a new project for the winter. I decided to get the old clod running again , found this site and started reading the numerous articles.The crawler world looks awsome. From that I started to rebuild the almost stock clod ( esp chassis and self made 4 link). I took apart what I had and went to work. Its going kinda slow due to the budget i have right before xmas though. I like to make as many parts as i can. So far its got a 17" wb and flexes pretty good.I' ll send pics when its done.

GREAT SITE LOTS O INFO!!! 8) :P

MiniCrawler 12-22-2004 12:38 PM

oops didnt see this before i posted my new topic. Well im new, Im Chris Glen,i live in Mobile AL,i have a Ofna ob4, getting a tlt or clod.

ThorBob 12-22-2004 08:58 PM

Howdy folks, great looking site you have here! Merry X-mas and happy crawling (with or without trucks - lol)

Thor

JasonInAugusta 12-22-2004 09:59 PM

Hey Thor!

Highmark 12-22-2004 10:14 PM

Thor..what are you doing replying to the "newbie post" :lol:

You have more machine time then ANY of us :D

ThorBob 12-29-2004 09:16 AM

Thanks for the welcome! And hey, I'm most definatly a newbie here :D

Thor

lodikrawlingkiller 12-31-2004 06:34 AM

hey everybody. i guess im a newb because this is my first post but ive been coming to this site for like 9 months i just never had a reason to post but im definitly not a dumb newb. but currently im living in germany but my home is in lodi california and ill be back after my year as an exchange student is finished.

back home ive got a txt-1 moded like the one from the 10 things to make your txt1 god for under 20 topic.

ive got a
jrxs3 from a LST
LST tires on cut stock rims with home made rings
hot glued diff front and rear
super chicken
i can rmeber the number but hitech metal gear 144 oz servos from and rear on alumium axle mounts
16.5 in wheelbase
hacked up excursion body.

ok well thanks for the board

chris

max_underdrive 01-01-2005 10:13 PM

Hey now, y'all got a kickass site! My name is Gary and I live in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. I'm a newb here but an oldb in the hobby, started foolin' with this stuff back in the mid 80's. My son and I have done a lot of racing over the years including off road and dirt and carpet oval. We currently have in our stable: revo, t-maxx, 2 e-maxx, txt1, tc4, and 2 losi off roaders. The txt and 1 e-maxx are under construction as crawlers and I hope to have them finished in 2-3 weeks. I have viewed a lot of sites over the past few years and am a member of some but IMHO RCCRAWLER is the most informative and entertaining (especially the flamers) that I have ever seen. I really appreciate the time and effort everyone contributes here. See ya on the rocks!

Maxx

hcfr34 01-03-2005 10:37 PM

Glad to have ya. :flipoff:

duffman 01-15-2005 04:00 PM

Noob Call

Hey everyone, im Steve from seattle WA.

Ive been into RC for about 4 years, worked at teh hobbyshop, had my share of outragously over done pimp-mobiles. However I have only 2 RC cars to my name now, and only 1 that partains to this website.

Tamiya TLT
Reedy PT Mod 12 turn motor (I know I need a slower motor lol)
Novak Fusion ESC
JR XR2

Anyways, just wanted to say hello and that this is a great site so far!

Reef 01-17-2005 06:18 PM

hey-

my name is reef and i live in los angeles. i just got a brand new e-maxx
a few days ago with the intention of building a rockcrawler. thats how
i came across your site. great info and sweet trucks. i didnt know it was so popular among the rc world.
look forward to talking to ya guys.

late,
Reefer

TwistedCreations 01-17-2005 07:09 PM

welcome to the board reefer and duffman :wink:

garynjr 01-19-2005 04:27 PM

Hey All... Name's Gary and Just figuredd i would give everyone a :flipoff:

In the sprit of things. ;)

New to Crawling but not really RC. I have a TLT set up for crawling and loved it so much I wanted a Real size one so went with a Clod.
Never put the kit together... LOL... I'm on my third attempt on a chasis... Posting questions will be likely.

I'm From PA near Philly. I crawl down by the river. :) Lookin forward to your help and advise. Nice to meet ya... Thanks in advance. Gary

badger 01-19-2005 04:32 PM

Welcome garynjr, and :flipoff:

Ohh yeah... your welcome for nothing! :wink: :flipoff: