Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Travel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2016, 08:46 AM   #1

Default Travel

Looks like will be visiting friends on the west side of the states this summer. Just so happens Axial Fest ()will be going on while were there. Will be flying, so I'm thinking about shipping our trucks. We will have three of them, and nine or ten lipo batteries.I haven't checked the cost of shipping, obviously want to keep it as inexpensive as possible, so I just wondered if there're any suggestions or neat travel ideas? I'm wondering if it's allowable to have a couple lipo batteries in your carry-on? I would assume so since everybody's allowed laptops and such devices.
Fumey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2016, 09:09 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Travel

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org..._batteries.pdf

Last edited by StomperCrawler; 03-24-2016 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Removed hotlinked Tapatalk signature
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:37 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Yes, definitely take your LiPos on the plane with you. Curiously, the airlines are less restrictive than the USPS about flying with LiPo batteries.

When I fly I put my rig in a JConcepts RC backpack and carry it on. I pack light and am a cheap bastard so it saves me from shipping or paying a checked bag fee.
mikebecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 05:03 AM   #4

I like travellng a lot. Most of the time I travel solo. Now & then timing coincides where a friend can join me.

Most often I go for 10 to 15 days. That's for going to Mexico or Hawaii, for a relaxing beach vacation in PV, Cabo, or Waikiki.

Now if I'm going to Europe then 2 weeks is my minimum, with 3 weeks being my preference. I am planning my trip through travel sites. So keep you posted on my experience.

Last edited by Aleksks; 05-02-2019 at 03:58 AM.
Aleksks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebecher View Post
Yes, definitely take your LiPos on the plane with you. Curiously, the airlines are less restrictive than the USPS about flying with LiPo batteries.

When I fly I put my rig in a JConcepts RC backpack and carry it on. I pack light and am a cheap bastard so it saves me from shipping or paying a checked bag fee.
So even if I've already decided to ship via post, you advice to detach the battery and bring it in your carryon luggage?
ed_ten_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:11 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Last time I flew they drilled me about batteries, and I didn't even have any, let alone any rc stuff. ????. The wife orderd an external phone battery the other day, sticker on the box stated not to be shipped on commercial airlines. Lith Ion. TSA has to have some sort of guidelines for transporting them, somewhere. Otherwise there has to be some sort of common carrier that will ship them. Someone has to ship them.

https://www.faa.gov/hazmat/packsafe/more_info/?hazmat=7

Last edited by MAC FAB; 08-08-2019 at 08:14 AM.
MAC FAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 03:21 PM   #7

Just flew to Hawaii with 3 lipos in my carry-on. They wanted everything electronic out at the scanner. I had each in its own ziploc with electricians tape over each connector. It was quite easy to understand as I put my DX-5 in the same bin. Got more looks about that.
I put my bomber in my checked bag. Took off all shocks and dampers and put in another ziploc. Took off the tires and loosened one side of the bead lock so it wouldn’t balloon. Still had axialfest dust on my bomber so it was in a bag. It flew just fine. Tools were in a ziploc in my checked too.
MrAMath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 07:28 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
Last time I flew they drilled me about batteries, and I didn't even have any, let alone any rc stuff. ????. The wife orderd an external phone battery the other day, sticker on the box stated not to be shipped on commercial airlines. Lith Ion. TSA has to have some sort of guidelines for transporting them, somewhere. Otherwise there has to be some sort of common carrier that will ship them. Someone has to ship them.

https://www.faa.gov/hazmat/packsafe/more_info/?hazmat=7
This is confusing. One says you can't fly with them. The other - post won't ship those. Then how do you deliver batteries abroad?
polish_bear_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 04:20 PM   #9

I know this is totally not related to this thread, but I've been having this question for some time and nobody seems to know the answer. For the states that have legalized weed, is it legal to buy online from... let's say Canada? Been having this knee pain for quite a while, it's an old injury. I don't feel like using regular painkillers, because it's a one way road. So I've thinking about herb for quite some time. And I'm not good with law. Question is this: is it legal to buy it online in Ohio? Won't I get arrested when my package arrives? Plus I've been using for my non-prescription pills this Canadian Pharmacy for a while. Didn't have a single problem. But you know, you can never be too sure. Question is: is it legal to buy medical cannabis from Canada? Thanks.
polish_bear_65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Travel - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for an RC to travel with Brake Weight Non Crawler RC's 33 06-20-2015 07:31 PM
More travel?? CrawlinOnAbudget Axial SCX-10 3 05-14-2013 10:06 PM
Not Too much travel ?! Q8 RC Tamiya CR-01 16 08-06-2008 06:48 PM
down travel Traxxas Crawlers 6 05-23-2004 02:48 AM