Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: DLUX 2.2 Beadlock Wheels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2020, 09:28 AM   #1

Default DLUX 2.2 Beadlock Wheels

I'm looking for lightweight beadlocks. Can someone explain to me how these work?
https://dluxfab.com/#!/DLUX-2-2-whee...tegory=1960217
I get that they require a center hub, that's easy. What I don't understand is how they hold a tire. All the beadlocks I've seen have an inner rim the tire is sandwiched against.
Thanks in advance.
Shadytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2020, 09:50 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: DLUX 2.2 Beadlock Wheels

A simple YouTube search (keywords: Dlux Fab wheels) turns up multiple videos. The first one listed is one uploaded by Erik (aka Dlux Fab), himself.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:27 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

You can purchase glue on or bead lock. The pictured is glue on the beadlock comes with an extra little channels that get sandwiched in there to lock the bead in. That is why they are noted to be wider overall.
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
A simple YouTube search (keywords: Dlux Fab wheels) turns up multiple videos. The first one listed is one uploaded by Erik (aka Dlux Fab), himself.
Can you link one of those videos & leave out the sarcasm? I did search.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshs4x4toyz View Post
You can purchase glue on or bead lock. The pictured is glue on the beadlock comes with an extra little channels that get sandwiched in there to lock the bead in. That is why they are noted to be wider overall.
That makes sense. Thank you.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:11 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadytree View Post
Can you link one of those videos & leave out the sarcasm? I did search.
There was NO 'sarcasm' in my reply...it was a 100% honest reply, providing the exact information you needed. However, since you don't seem to be capable of doing a simple keyword search on YouTube (now, THAT'S sarcasm), here's your requested link:
https://youtu.be/1VbVoj3RiFo

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Old 03-28-2020, 07:26 AM   #7

Quote:
There was NO 'sarcasm' in my reply...it was a 100% honest reply, providing the exact information you needed. However, since you don't seem to be capable of doing a simple keyword search on YouTube (now, THAT'S sarcasm), here's your requested link:
https://youtu.be/1VbVoj3RiFo]
Thanks for the link. I did watch part of that video, but missed the wheel assembly at 4 hrs and 2 minutes into the video. The video still doesn't answer my question though as he does a glue on and I was asking about the beadlock.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:07 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadytree View Post
Thanks for the link. I did watch part of that video, but missed the wheel assembly at 4 hrs and 2 minutes into the video. The video still doesn't answer my question though as he does a glue on and I was asking about the beadlock.
You asked, specifically, how the Dlux Fab wheels work. You even posted a link to those specific wheels. That's how they work. If you don't like how they work, take that up with Erik. If you specifically wanted true beadlocks, then you shouldn't have posted a link to Erik's wheels. Again, NOT 'sarcasm'...just providing facts, and factual information.

Old 03-28-2020, 04:10 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
You asked, specifically, how the Dlux Fab wheels work. You even posted a link to those specific wheels. That's how they work. If you don't like how they work, take that up with Erik. If you specifically wanted true beadlocks, then you shouldn't have posted a link to Erik's wheels. Again, NOT 'sarcasm'...just providing facts, and factual information.

That link is the "true" beadlocks, even in the description. Erik did not picture them which simply raises the question on how they work. Also he does not show how the beadlocks work or pieces they come with. You have really been confrontational about stuff lately, chill out.
Old 03-28-2020, 05:08 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
That link is the "true" beadlocks, even in the description. Erik did not picture them which simply raises the question on how they work. Also he does not show how the beadlocks work or pieces they come with. You have really been confrontational about stuff lately, chill out.
1) I wasn't being "confrontational"...as I said, I was providing information exactly as asked, based on the exact information initially given. The exact wording was, "Can someone explain to me how these work?" First, I provided info on how to find what he was looking for. He accused me of being sarcastic, which I was NOT...so, in replying, including providing the URL to the exact video I was referring to, I included some sarcasm, to give an example of what sarcasm is. That's not being "confrontational"...that's providing the exact info asked for.

2) Speaking of "presenting the info", while those wheels can be put together using a traditional beadlock ring, if you read the description, they ARE still glue-on wheels. In the video, starting at 4:02:25, Erik shows exactly how to build the wheels, and mount the tires, which answers the question, exactly as it was asked. At 4:13:30, Erik shows exactly how to glue the tires to the wheels, which proves these 'beadlocks' are actually 'glue-on. Now, if a person chooses to add a beadlock ring, it would be for decorative purposes ONLY (as the tire is 100% held to the wheels with CA glue), and also the reason why Erik includes two width measurements for each wheel width (he offers the wheels in 3 different widths).

I'm usually a fairly laid-back person. I yet my best to help people when I'm able to do so...however, when someone starts taking snips at me, I do sometimes tend to bite back. I know it's not the 'right' thing to do, and I do usually apologize at a later point...but, when I get accused of something I didn't do, then I feel no apology is needed. In this case, I did provide the info asked for, and I provided it in what I thought would be the best way possible. Sure, I could have described the process of building the wheels, and mounting the tires, but know how "unusual" the process is, I felt that watching a video would be far more informative, thus I suggested using YouTube, and provided the best keywords to use to pull up a list of multiple videos.

Honestly, I don't see how that could be considered "sarastic", or "confrontational". If anyone chose to read into what I said in any way other than what I intended it to be, that responsibility can't be put on me. If you were to have answered the original question as I did, and I were to have read into it as being "sarastic", or "confrontational", then I would be the one in the wrong. Additionally, if I responded back in an accusational tone, and it was later proven that your reply was not "sarastic", or "confrontational", them I would apologise for having misread and/or misunderstood what had been said...and, no, I'm not asking for any apologies...I'm just explaining my first two replies. Now, if Shadytree watches the video, steering at the time point I referenced, he/she will see exactly how the wheels are built, and how the tires are mounted.

UPDATE/CORRECTION: Having rechecked (this time using a computer, instead of my phone), I do see it mentions 'beadlocks', for an additional $22. However, there is no indication of these being "true beadlocks". However, if you look at the parts included in the standard kit, and watch the video, you'll notice that one additional part was shown in the video that is not shown in the standard kit. Based on the product photo, as well as the video, it would appear that the "beadlock" is that additional piece that was glued to the outside of the tire. In other words, the wheels are placed entirely inside the tire, to which you glue the tires to the wheels...then, if you opt for the "beadlocks", those are glued to the outside of the tires. The 1.9 wheels are the same, except that "beadlocks" are not an option.

Last edited by Panther6834; 03-28-2020 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:00 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Fair points, Im just just looking at it as the "newbie" section. But I totally get it, like that Yojih123 or whatever. Completely refused to even look at the links and 100% dismissed all help lol.

Just to give a better visual on the beadlock setup, since Erik doesnt show much, here is a link that atleast shows the extra pieces. They basically get sandwiched in there give the bead a channel to sit in.

Dlux Fab 2.2 Wheel [Carbon][V-Cut][Alum-Screws][4pcs] [Dlux_2.2Wheel[0036][V-Cut]] - 29,700YEN(JP) : YSS Crawlers, dedicated to RC rock crawling parts!
Old 03-28-2020, 06:15 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Fair points, Im just just looking at it as the "newbie" section. But I totally get it, like that Yojih123 or whatever. Completely refused to even look at the links and 100% dismissed all help lol.

Just to give a better visual on the beadlock setup, since Erik doesnt show much, here is a link that atleast shows the extra pieces. They basically get sandwiched in there give the bead a channel to sit in.

Dlux Fab 2.2 Wheel [Carbon][V-Cut][Alum-Screws][4pcs] [Dlux_2.2Wheel[0036][V-Cut]] - 29,700YEN(JP) : YSS Crawlers, dedicated to RC rock crawling parts!
I know this is Shadytree's thread...but, thanks for that link. When I get around to building my third Capra, as a U4 rig, I was already considering Erik's 2.2 wheels...but, I had never seen actual beadlock options. Now seing them, and kn owing that it's still only 6 screws per side, I would still HIGHLY recommend gluing the tires to the wheels. The "trick" is in knowing to insert the wheels into the foams BEFORE you place the foams inside the tires. I've read, several times, where people inserted the foams into the tires, and then tried installing the wheels...obviously, it doesn't work.
Old 04-05-2020, 01:57 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Thank you for asking about this Shady Tree.
I searched a lot also, I see dlux rings on his site but there is no description or link to a video how the back of the tire bead let alone the front tire bad is locked in. So Im with Shady tree. I searched youtube as well.
Thank you Panther for speaking out.

Really, over the 10 years i dont get this site sometimes, we are here to promote this hobby sport, Not tell people go search.

I have a good amount of patience, but honestly the lack of finishing a description detail in these threads and all these acronyms and short wording really takes the fun of this.

I ll bet Shadytree has some old wheels like me, 2 or 3 piece aluminum beadlocks but trying to fab some hub hex's in there to get larger axles and or widen the wheel track.

Please dont short word the whole part we need to search for. Make it fun, and helpful.
Gee, I wonder why the moa, super went under. There is not many that have that amount of craftsmanship and patience and you add forums with attitude, lack of help and the majority will just go buy a hobby shop kit, thus where things are today no moa's , super's , just scalers.

Think about.
Hope you agree Shady and Panther

Thank You Joshs4x4 for that very helpful link to yscrawlers for for dlux 2.2 wheels. definitely shows missing parts not shown on Dlux. is a bit easier to understand what parts are required. Though doesnt explain were is the rear ring on dlux website.
Erik needs to put together a Full part list, sources and video of a dlux 2.2 wheel build using his parts and other non dlux parts.
So does Dlux include the rear ring as well or does the kit only provide a front? I have sent PM and order questions to Erik in past week, but no reply in 4 days now.

When you are selling something you need to provide All the details and where to get the other parts if not provided, otherwise people will just turn away as it just makes it to difficult to figure out.

Last edited by toy4crawlin; 04-05-2020 at 01:21 PM.
toy4crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:06 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

another issue on the Dlux youtube kit instructions at 4 hr 15 minutes after this the wheel face is Glued on an nothing on the back side, yet Erik says the wheel is completed. How can the wheel be completed if there is nothing holding the the rear of the tire?
toy4crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote