Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Axial Capra vs. SCX10?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2022, 03:25 PM   #1

Default Axial Capra vs. SCX10?

So I've looked around and with the help of some other users on this forum, I've been looking for a Element Enduro. Earlier I ran by my local hobby shop and they had some. While I was there I saw that they have some RTR Capras that are on sale for 300. I've heard a lot of good things about them, and if it's a good deal I don't want to pass on it. They also had SCX10 2's and 3's for the same price. Does anyone have any advice? I'm not looking for a crazy comp crawler, just something that works well out the box and can be modified.
Soundboothguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2022, 03:43 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Axial Capra vs. SCX10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundboothguy View Post
So I've looked around and with the help of some other users on this forum, I've been looking for a Element Enduro. Earlier I ran by my local hobby shop and they had some. While I was there I saw that they have some RTR Capras that are on sale for 300. I've heard a lot of good things about them, and if it's a good deal I don't want to pass on it. They also had SCX10 2's and 3's for the same price. Does anyone have any advice? I'm not looking for a crazy comp crawler, just something that works well out the box and can be modified.
any of the rigs you listed would fit what you sead you wanted

the capra might be a bit more capable than the others but there all good performers
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 04:09 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I 2nd that notion. The 10.2 is a solid rig, ive got a few of them. Ive not had the chance to run a 10.3, but a buddy has one n it goes almost every place my comp rigs will. N the capra is just wonderful! A bit top heavy imo, but im runnin shorter shocks n it really helped
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 12:29 PM   #4

Alright then, thank you guys for the help. The group I'd be running with has a lot of comp crawlers and the like in it, so I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the Capra. Maybe in the future I can build me a good 10 2. Thank you again!
Soundboothguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 10:42 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Soundboothguy, with my Capra I did the pen spring mod in the shocks and Treal brass outer portal covers on the front (approx 90g per front axle). I’ve used 4.75” 1.9 wheels/tires and currently 5” 2.2 beadlocks (plastic Prolines/lightweight)/tires and it’s very stable compared to stock. Not much needed to get a Capra dialed in. Keep it simple and have fun with it!
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 07:58 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Capra was my first crawler too and didn't have anything to compare it to at the time. Now I don't have a 10.x but a Phoenix and a SCX6 to compare to. The only negative about the capra I see now having use the other ones is the gearing that some people mention in reviews is noticeable. The low speed control really is not as good as the others - which I am guessing is similar to the 10.x's, since people never mention it as an issue with them.

But it's not "bad" and it's still really fun and I love the look and flex and upgrade options (I added 4WS is really fun!) and you can get smaller pinions and different motors for cheap ($20) and really improve the gearing if you want. Still not quite as smooth and fine as the Phoenix, but I'm not going to replace the transmission and belly pan to get there personally... I'm plenty happy with it at this point. It's the one I usually take on my backpack when I go trailing with the big SCX6 to stop and play in rock gardens.
chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 09:05 PM   #7

I have an SCX10 and just picked up a capra kit. I'm stoked to get it together to compare the two
bmxbryant09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 10:30 AM   #8

Have both and love both. I ended up spending more money on the capra to get it where I liked it.
Jbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 07:02 AM   #9

I have a TRX4 and am really wanting a Capra for a more capable rig, and less body to damage...
Ross413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 05:50 AM   #10
RCC Addict

I stick with scx10s. I already have a 1st gen Wraith w/ 4ws, so I don't need a capra
ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial Capra vs. SCX10? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scx10.3 Capra build XRCDawson Axial Capra 4 12-09-2021 08:19 AM
Capra scx10 Brandonr Axial Capra 2 12-25-2019 12:08 PM