Notices

Thread: RPM Slash Rear A-arms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 10:07 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default RPM Slash Rear A-arms

http://rpmrcproducts.com/products/traxxas/Slash.htm

Traxxas Slash Rear A-arms
RPM rear A-arms for the Traxxas Slash are designed specifically for the Slash – they are not multi-platform A-arms like the stock versions.

Our first design challenge was to beef up our version of the Slash rear A-arms to handle some serious abuse. The material around the inner and outer hinge pins has been increased by a whopping 64%! We then eliminated all of the unnecessary holes and shock mounts that would be needed on other vehicles but not on the Slash, which significantly reduced the weight of our A-arms while improving crash durability. Even after all of the increased muscle has been factored in, our A-arms still come in at over 10% lighter than the original arms! Our final design task was to improve the fit and finish and what we came up with will eliminate most of the slop in the rear suspension system! The Slash owner can tighten things up to near perfect out back simply by adding in a set of our #80382 Rear Bearing Carriers currently available. RPM Slash rear A-arms use stock suspension geometry and include stock rear toe angles.

RPM Slash rear A-arms are not only stronger and more durable than stock, they are also more rigid and less flexible too, making them the perfect addition to those race-level Slashes on the track. Additionally, the new geometry design leaves no place for dirt and rocks to get caught in the lower A-arm and reduces the chances of rocks and debris getting stuck between the axle and the arm.

RPM Slash rear A-arms are sold in pairs. They are molded in our nearly indestructible blend of nylons and are sold in either black our blue. These A-arms are backed by our limited lifetime warranty against breakage as well for confidence-inspiring durability and performance.

Tech Notes: Stock rear axle carriers have an upper and lower hinge pin hole. RPM Slash Rear A-arms only allow the use of the original, lower hole location to be used. The upper axle carrier hole (which would lower the ride height in the back too much) cannot be used. To lower the rear end of the truck, RPM recommends using the outer shock mount hole positions in the A-arm.

80592Black Rear A-arms for the Traxxas Slash
Available 11.10.08
80595Blue Rear A-arms for the Traxxas Slash
Available 11.10.08

Suggested Retail $11.95
mutiny22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2008, 10:12 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

SAw those on the Traxxas forum, may have to get a set for my Bandit at some point.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:18 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
SAw those on the Traxxas forum, may have to get a set for my Bandit at some point.
It might not work on the Bandit. They say that they are designed specifically for the Slash – they are not multi-platform A-arms like the stock versions.
mutiny22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:36 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

If they bolt to the stock trans and rear carriers, they'll fit a Bandit too.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:44 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutiny22 View Post
It might not work on the Bandit. They say that they are designed specifically for the Slash – they are not multi-platform A-arms like the stock versions.
slash use's bandit rear arms. this is traxxas remember the recycle everything..
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:23 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
slash use's bandit rear arms. this is traxxas remember the recycle everything..
Which are also the rear arms on the nitro rustler/pede.
mysharona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:43 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Parts recycling..yes, but not Nitro rear arms, the Bandit still uses TRX-1 rear arms instead of the Slash/Nitro Rusty/Pede/Sport arms. The front arms are the same for the Bandit and Nitro Rusty/Pede/Sport. With these things, you can mix and match parts way too easily
Old 10-23-2008, 09:28 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I know that the Rustler rear a-arms are longer than the Slash ones. I found that out the hard way.
atvdude775 is offline   Reply With Quote