Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: wow-sheared shaft off of a C.C. 4600.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 01:54 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default wow-sheared shaft off of a C.C. 4600.

I am baffled by this! somehow the shaft on my 4600 sheared off...
(this is on a traxxas stampede}

I just got done replacing a gear in the tranny that I stripped after first installling the sidewinder/4600 combo-(bashed the hell out it for a few days )...took it out into the garage and went three feet and I hear "ping,ting,ting" Im thinking wtf the pinion flew off! Nope! I sheared the shaft off the motor!!!!

The thing is there is absolutely no binding in the trans or any thing!?
So I am thinking maybe the pinion set screw hit the spur-it wasnt "zinging" or making the noise that your spur is shredding... I just cant believe that the spur gear is still intact-??

I hate to say it but the shaft looks as if its made of that cheap ass "white metal" chinese alloy junk. that was a disapointment to see.

Now I need a damn motor!!!!:-(

I rarely broke anything on my pede, till the sidewinder combo went in:-P
I love the power but, its starting to get expensive now, a new BL motor is alot more $$$ than some castor blocks or camber rlinks!
R/CMaxximus5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2009, 08:49 AM   #2
RCC Addict

I know several people who've done the same thing, and it's got more to do with the insane power of those motors than the construction. Seriously, if you stripped a tranny gear then broke the pinion shaft on the motor, your slipper is way too tight.

And castle has the very best damn support in the business. Honestly, they will fix it for you for free, and they'll get it done fast. I've never dealt with a company as good as castle on anything, RC or otherwise.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:48 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjlittle View Post
I know several people who've done the same thing, and it's got more to do with the insane power of those motors than the construction. Seriously, if you stripped a tranny gear then broke the pinion shaft on the motor, your slipper is way too tight.

And castle has the very best damn support in the business. Honestly, they will fix it for you for free, and they'll get it done fast. I've never dealt with a company as good as castle on anything, RC or otherwise.
I am going to call castle, so I'll see what happens. It would be awesome if they fixed it for free!

as for the slipper, ya it was set kinda tight but I don't think it was way too tight.
R/CMaxximus5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote