Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Son's slash baja with jato arms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 07:15 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Son's slash baja with jato arms

This is my son's (he's 9) slash baja basher with a jato arm conversion done. My son wanted his different than my slash baja so he wanted it wider which is alot like my 1to1 baja and he had to have a roof rack aswell. I did the jato arms in front and did some mock up links on it too and in the rear I used rustler arms which are a little wider than slashs.Both the front and rear arms are rpm along with the shock towers. One nice thing when you have a couple slashs and you upgrade one the other parts can upgrade the other.It also has a rear swaybar which I made out of a coat hanger and some link ends which works real well and is a cheap upgrade.
The electronics are a vxl esc and vxl motor right now but I'm changing the motor to a mamba 5700 as soon as it shows in the mail since he wanted his baja with the same power as mine. I like the look of his quite a bit with the wide track but I like the option to put a regular truck body on mine if I want to. We just got some paddles for it a relized that regular 2.2 fronts don't clear on the inside but it's close so I think I'm just going to add a wider hex to make it clear that why the front and rear wheels are differnt.
Next upgrades will be light mounted to roof rack. He also wants a rear engine cage with side panels made from tube and alum that will make it look more scale and double as a wheely bar. He also wants dune xt 2.2 rc4wd tires that look just like the tires on my 1to1 baja bug which are trophy truck tires. Think those will look cool aswell but he's saving his money. I will post further mods but he's really pumped on the way it looks already.
Attached Images

62 bugzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links