Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Modified 2wd 1/10 Slash

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Modified 2wd 1/10 Slash

A year ago this build was a frankenstein that I ran as an electric 5b immitation with the full HPI cage/wing/body from the 5b powered by a Mamba Monster/Feigao 6XL combo. It was FAST....and fun, but it was just too large to run in my neck of the woods. So now I decided to shrink it back down to a more manageable size. ALSO a new 1/10th scale electric indoor dirt track is opening next weekend up the street from my home, so I would like something that I can run there as well during OPEN/Practice time.

Stock Tub Chassis
RMP Towers F/R
e-Rustler Suspension Arms
e-Rustler Links/Pins
RPM Carriers/Blocks
Integy 17mm Wideners
Stock Front Bumper
RMP Rear Bumper
Stock Steering Servo
Castle Sidewinder ESC
Tekin Redline 537 Brushless Motor
Futaba 4PL RX/TX
Ofna Dominator Wheels
HPI Dirt Grabber Tires
Integy Springs
Stock Shocks with aluminum caps
91T Aluminum Spur
18T Robinson Pinion
MIP eRustler CVDs
2S 5000mah Lipo

Castle says that the 1/10th scale ESC should not be used on a truck that is over 6.5 pounds.....I am at 6 pounds 6 ounces with battery and body. IF I find that these wheels are just too heavy/large, I can easily switch to a set of buggy wheels with Badlands tires......but I have high hopes that this combo will be some fun. Online speed calculators say I may get close to 40mph with this setup....that would be fun.
Attached Images

xirtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Looks pretty wild! Curious to see how those tires work out for you... would like to have some for myself if they work.
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:26 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4u2nv View Post
Looks pretty wild! Curious to see how those tires work out for you... would like to have some for myself if they work.
When this thing was on the "Stretched" e5b chassis, these tires/wheels worked GREAT. They are not a HUGE tire, and are very lightweight. JANG on UltimateTraxxas used them on his similar build. (His builds inspired my builds in this area.)

I weighed the old aluminum stretched chassis/body pieces from the e5b project....and it came in at a whopping 2.5 pounds. I believe that the plastic tub chassis is just about 1/2 pound.....so between losing 2 pounds in the chassis, 8 ounces in the motor, 2 ounces in the ESC, and 2 ounces from the BEC...that is over 2.5 pounds of total weight loss over the e5b version. At this point it is in 1/10th scale weight again even with the larger tires. the 1/10th scale ESC/Motor combo should power this lighter version nicely.

I have to seal my deck tomorrow evening....so I am hoping to get this thing a little test time on Wednesday.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:00 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Thumbs up

so how did it work? I like your bug ,I got a slash that i'am going to do A buggy with.

Mr B
attme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:06 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Is a slash the size of a stampede? because if so you might be able to get a stampede chassis/tub and transfer everything over and help reduse weight. Im thinking the pede is still shorter than the slash but basicly looks like a pede to me.
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:35 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by attme View Post
so how did it work? I like your bug ,I got a slash that i'am going to do A buggy with.

Mr B
It ran well, but the plastic gears in the stock servo stripped in 20 minutes of jumps. I have a new metal geared servo and servo saver coming. I expect good things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiztid Metal View Post
Is a slash the size of a stampede? because if so you might be able to get a stampede chassis/tub and transfer everything over and help reduse weight. Im thinking the pede is still shorter than the slash but basicly looks like a pede to me.
I believe that the suspension arms are slightly different. Since this build uses eRustler arms...I am betting that I could fit them to a stampede chassis....but the weight savings would only be a few ounces. I am not certain that in this case that the few ounces will matter. In a light race sc situation, I can definitely see the benefits of a swap.