Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: tamiya kumamon tractor help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2015, 09:26 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Location: in a tree home atop a redwood tree on the corner of yonder and timbuktoo
Default tamiya kumamon tractor help

i am having trouble finding the bear driver figure for the tamiya kumamon tractor i cant even find a part # ive looked at the manual and there are no part #s for the bear driver figure, ive checked ebay, towerhobbies, tamiyausa and a few other sites. i would like to buy one to use as a driver in one of my rc's but like i said im not having any luck maybe the bear only comes with the kit and isnt purchasable as a replacment part? i dont know. any and all help is welcome!
lil' bear 4wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2015, 10:00 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: tamiya kumamon tractor help

Well you said you checked ebay but did you look for used? I had the same problem with a vintage AYK gator. I did end up finding the parts on ebay I just had to check a lot. So my suggestion would be is to check ebay ever once in a wile. Hope this will help.
humve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:48 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

The kit just came out stateside (no idea where you are) and has been available for a bit overseas. Would wager Tamiya is not selling the driver figure separate - or if they are, not in great numbers...they'd much rather you buy the entire kit.

Buy the kit for the driver/decals and part out the rest. You'll for sure make out better that way them by going through a chop-shop on Ebay. If that's not an option, there's a few more kits versions coming out - the driver figure is bound to pop up on Ebay sooner or later.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:55 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Location: in a tree home atop a redwood tree on the corner of yonder and timbuktoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by humve View Post
Well you said you checked ebay but did you look for used? I had the same problem with a vintage AYK gator. I did end up finding the parts on ebay I just had to check a lot. So my suggestion would be is to check ebay ever once in a wile. Hope this will help.
I looked for new, and used and the only things i can find are bearing kits for the tamiya kumamon tractor, small slot cars and the tamiya kumamon tractor kit it self, but i will keep checking

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
The kit just came out stateside (no idea where you are) and has been available for a bit overseas. Would wager Tamiya is not selling the driver figure separate - or if they are, not in great numbers...they'd much rather you buy the entire kit.

Buy the kit for the driver/decals and part out the rest. You'll for sure make out better that way them by going through a chop-shop on Ebay. If that's not an option, there's a few more kits versions coming out - the driver figure is bound to pop up on Ebay sooner or later.
Thats a good point i didnt know that they where so new here in the us so i will keep looking, but the way its looking i will probably end up buying the whole kit and either parting out or keeping it for myself

Thanks guys!
lil' bear 4wd is offline   Reply With Quote

tamiya kumamon tractor help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Tamiya LANDFREEDER is coming, and I'm going to tow it with my 100% BOON TRACTOR. rbgerrish Chit Chat 6 05-22-2013 08:59 PM
New Tractor project newtocrawling Non Crawler RC's 1 04-02-2011 09:53 PM