Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: My New Toy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2008, 01:49 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Talking My New Toy

Just picked up a Brushless Blackjack today. I've been reading up on them and what upgrades to do. I wanted to see if anyone has had experience with them. I want to run 2 8 cell packs instead of the 6 cell packs but not sure if I can. The esc says it will take up to 21v but I've been reading up on rcu about people having problems w/ the esc cutting out on 7 cell packs. Was wondering if anyone knows if its just the internal bec that can't handle it. Thought about disabling the bec and running a reciever pack. I know some guys have been doing this w/ their Novak Goat systems to run 11.1v lipos. What do you think?
derwood21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2011, 06:21 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

The best thing you can do for that cat is convert it to a rudder system. i went with the Blackjack SS rudder and strut system and removed the turnfins. That makes the boat turn way harder and flatter! i also removed the radio box as i use hatch tape and dont need the extra weight. lowering the batteries is also a good thing. on the stock motor and esc i have seen 55mph. on two 3cell lipo. "dont do that unless you expect to smoke your esc!!" but i have been running that way for a while now and no smoke yet!!! oh and if you do put a rudder on you BJ you might want to glue some wood on the inside of you transom to beef up where the rudder bolts on...I hit a sumerged 2x4 in the water at about 45mph. and almost riped the hole back of my boat off! you can see the crack in the pic. Im running a big prop too its a 42x55. all in all shes a good boat but needs some mods to make it right.
Attached Images

PubCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote