Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: TT-01E MKV Golf GTI Cup Car Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2017, 01:53 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default TT-01E MKV Golf GTI Cup Car Build

I'm posting this here to get myself to focus on finishing it.

So, I used to own a MKV GTI that I loved to death. *It was the first car where I just enjoyed everything about it. *I picked up this kit while I had the car, because I wanted to reproduce it as close as I possibly could, but I have since sold the car. *Anyway, this car will sort of be a reminder of the good memories I had of the car.

My old MKV GTI

My TT-01E build progress

Chassis as it sits right now.

Hobbywing Justock XR10, Hobbywing Justock 17.5T, TT01 Aluminum drive shaft, Full ball bearings, Tamiya 28T pinion and 55T Spur, Savox 254MG Servo

Suspension - upgraded shocks

Painted the lightbucket of the headlights the way they're supposed to be like they are from factory.

Painted the mirrors accordingly

Progress on the body that will be attached with magnets.

What's left?

1. Wheels, *I bought some wheels that are as close to the stock 18" Hufeisen wheels as possible they're undergoing painting righ tnow. *Ideally I'd like to have a replica of the 18" fifteen52 RML Snowflakes that you see in the picture of my old car, but someone would have to 3d print that for me.
2. See if I can possibly replicate the grille slats that I had on my car on the front.
3. Decals! *Just the VW emblems and the windshield wipers.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2017, 02:53 PM   #2

Default Re: TT-01E MKV Golf GTI Cup Car Build

Your GTI was beautiful! What made you get rid of it? The same generation R32 was almost my first purchase out of college. The reliability issues and the over $700 car payment at that time deterred me. Looking back, the double clutch R32 trans has had lots of reliability issues from what I read. I'd still love a GTI some day though.

Your replica is looking awesome. XR10 JUSTOCK is a great ESC. And the way you painted the headlights is drool worthy. Nice work!

Oh and how good (or bad) are those Trackstar shocks? They look awesome for sure.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 06:08 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Your GTI was beautiful! What made you get rid of it? The same generation R32 was almost my first purchase out of college. The reliability issues and the over $700 car payment at that time deterred me. Looking back, the double clutch R32 trans has had lots of reliability issues from what I read. I'd still love a GTI some day though.

Your replica is looking awesome. XR10 JUSTOCK is a great ESC. And the way you painted the headlights is drool worthy. Nice work!

Oh and how good (or bad) are those Trackstar shocks? They look awesome for sure.
I had the revised DSG with the revised upgraded motor that was chain driven.

I got rid of it because I got a great deal on a low mileage 997.2 PDK with sport chrono pkg.

Last edited by soze; 08-21-2017 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:44 PM   #4
RCC Addict

No joke, great looking 1:1. The pic settings and car color just look right! And the 1:10 is looking good too those headlights look crazy good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
I got rid of it because I got a great deal on a low mileage 997.2 PDK with sport chrono pkg.
Fair enough.
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 09:32 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcagno45 View Post
No joke, great looking 1:1. The pic settings and car color just look right! And the 1:10 is looking good too those headlights look crazy good!

Fair enough.
Thanks!

When I have time... I'll take pictures of my 997.2 and put those up. Coincidentally, that'll be my other build after I finish this one.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:14 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

So I finally got around to painting some wheels I got and some other minor things. These wheels are close to the stock 18" Hufeisen wheels that were on the car when I bought it. I found some wheels similar to my fifteen52 RML Snowflakes, but not sure if I'll buy them yet or if they'd fit.

Still need to figure out how to make the grille slats for the front grille and add lighting.

TT-01E MKV Golf GTI Cup Car Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Tt-01E as offroader/rally? Panikku Rally 0 04-30-2015 11:25 PM
"sema style" golf gti seven.two Non Crawler RC's 31 01-04-2009 05:34 PM