Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: I have to get me one of these! Sherp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2021, 07:41 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default I have to get me one of these! Sherp

I've been watching videos of the 1:1 Sherp for a long time and always wanted to do an rc version. I've been scared away from trying because of my general lack of bodywork skills and not being able to replicate the tires.

This morning I stumbled across a few videos of exactly what I want. Time to start saving my pennies!

There are a few videos out there but here is one.

https://youtu.be/MmLJbAeaKBQ
jebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2021, 08:42 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: I have to get me one of these! Sherp

It's cool but that dude is easily amused, pretty sure an SCX24 could get through that terrain he was testing it on lol. I usually get a visceral reaction when something is awesome and didn't get one with this rig but I suppose it could grow on me. Seems like you could pretty easily reverse engineer that setup for less than $700 plus whatever shipping/taxes are involved, looked to be fairly simple in a few of the build shots, I mean there's no suspension, just massive flotation tires and 4 motors on a 3d printed box.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 08:55 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: I have to get me one of these! Sherp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
It's cool but that dude is easily amused, pretty sure an SCX24 could get through that terrain he was testing it on lol. I usually get a visceral reaction when something is awesome and didn't get one with this rig but I suppose it could grow on me. Seems like you could pretty easily reverse engineer that setup for less than $700 plus whatever shipping/taxes are involved, looked to be fairly simple in a few of the build shots, I mean there's no suspension, just massive flotation tires and 4 motors on a 3d printed box.
I agree the drive train is nothing that complicated and I could reverse engineered it pretty easily. The tub appears to be aluminum so that too could be modeled with a 3d printer if you have that capability. The body could also be replicated but it is pretty large.

What I have never been able to find is the tires. I'm sure someone who has the skills to glue up custom tires might be able to do it but I was impressed in the videos on how they flexed. If I did this I'm sure the paddles would be too rigid.

As for the video check out some of the others that have popped up. It looks pretty capable in mud and water, just like its big brother.

I can't argue the cost is high but some of that is reflective of the uniqueness. Definitely not for everyone.
jebster is offline   Reply With Quote

I have to get me one of these! Sherp - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SHERP 10x10 "The Arc" STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 2 02-05-2020 12:17 PM
Meet the SHERP K.O.M. 1:1 Full Size Vehicles 2 02-23-2016 06:31 PM