Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Outside the US

Notices

Thread: Stouffville Reservoir - Win! (ontario, CAN)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2011, 07:36 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Stouffville Reservoir - Win! (ontario, CAN)

So I decided to hunt down some local crawl spots, tried greenwood, not bad, went to Seaton.. Some good spots. But who knew the best spot I'd find last week was 2 minutes form my house! Stouffville Resevoir, located off of Millard street in stouffville. It's a little hidden gem. I started out near the park, Dog and Crawler, and started walking a lame, flat gravel trail. Up to a bridge and BAM! small bridge, creek, and the trail falls apart . Cordouroy path, roots, hills, rocks.. incredible. I will be organizing a crawl here in the spring for the (to be formed) "YDC" - York-Durham Crawlers. I think theres a few guys around in the durham region, that could make it out to some local crawls.

Crawled for about an hour before I sheared a tranny output shaft. So Im down for now. Camera only had room on the card for a few shots, but here they are!

I think the trail is about 2km, but I didn't get through it after I broke. My kind of crawling, trail running. Perfect terrain for what I like to do. A little muddy, but nothing that will wreck your rig, and as hardcore as you want it, as there is a walking path beside all the Gnarly stuff! Let me know what you think and Maybe we can get together here some time..

Tim
Arctic Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2011, 08:44 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Hey Tim, nice spot and good pics. I'll join you next spring with the "Midnight Crawlers"( basically me and Josh(DV8ion on the sites).
Hey what motor do you have in that AX? It has some speed but can crawl well if I remember. There's the kit with the B52 Betty body at my LHS which has been discontinued and it's been there at least a year. The box has even been faded from the sun. Thinking about seeing if they will sell it for less that the $320 they want for it.
4WDwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:29 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Right now i have a 55T with a 15t pinion, and it goes at aboaut a walking pace. I might like to try a 45 to get it moving just a little quicker, but overall, its a pretty good mix. If you could get a kit for less than $200 that would be awesome!
Arctic Fire is offline   Reply With Quote