Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > RC Rock Crawling Worlds > Past Events

Notices

Thread: 2012 Nationals Itinerary

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 2012 Nationals Itinerary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post

Typically no...I have a couple of guys that may jump in a double up on judging a course if its moving too slow.

We did multiple driver at once in Vegas mainly because of the heat to get done quicker.

I worked pretty good time wise..we just need more eyes...imo 1x judge per driver was not enough.
Ahh....gotcha.

BTW, I like the super and mini schedule. I prefer to run them as separate classes and not mixed together. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

I'm not sure what happened at ECC this year, but I went from course to course with only a very short break for a sammich and still almost got cut out of my last course.

Oh wait... I remember. It was judge cuts on my next to the last course. I think I was 4th in line and got cut 6 times. Will the judges be running regularly throughout the day? It seemed like a bunch of them had to wait near the end at ECC... and they were rushing too.

Not complaining at all, just a heads up that it can happen to judges and non judges alike.

Thanks for the Itenerary Fish!
Old 09-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Hey Fish, just an idea, but what about running 1.9 before super just due to the amount of drivers. 26 in 1.9 and 18 in super. Might help get some things done a little earlier.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #24
no talent hack

I don't know if I missed this, but I'm assuming

4 courses + finals for 2.2s
5 courses + finals for 2.2
And 3 courses for 1.9 and super

Correct?
Old 09-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

5 minutes per course. Are you getting soft on us.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencrawler View Post
Hey Fish, just an idea, but what about running 1.9 before super just due to the amount of drivers. 26 in 1.9 and 18 in super. Might help get some things done a little earlier.
How would things get done earlier? Still the same amount of people running.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:08 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabil View Post
I don't know if I missed this, but I'm assuming

5 courses + finals for 2.2
And 3 courses for 1.9 and super

Correct?
Goal depending on judges

6 courses + finals for 2.2
And 3 or 4 courses for 1.9 and super

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 09-04-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:34 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lushtrucker View Post
How would things get done earlier? Still the same amount of people running.
I think he's saying he'd rather have the 1.9's run first since there are more drivers and quite a few of them don't run Supers which would mean those drivers could head home if they chose to...

Personally...I like it set up the way Fish has it so that Supers don't get over looked and more people may get involved if they actually take the time to check them out on course
Old 09-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
I'm not sure what happened at ECC this year, but I went from course to course with only a very short break for a sammich and still almost got cut out of my last course.

Oh wait... I remember. It was judge cuts on my next to the last course. I think I was 4th in line and got cut 6 times. Will the judges be running regularly throughout the day? It seemed like a bunch of them had to wait near the end at ECC... and they were rushing too.

Not complaining at all, just a heads up that it can happen to judges and non judges alike.

Thanks for the Itenerary Fish!
I almost got the shaft because of that problem too. Are judges required to adhere to the 3 courses ran before 12:30 rule as well? Not that I'm a fan of putting any added pressure on judges, but that would eliminate the huge surge of judges running at the end of the day....
Old 09-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
Personally...I like it set up the way Fish has it so that Supers don't get over looked and more people may get involved if they actually take the time to check them out on course

We have a winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOFEST View Post
I almost got the shaft because of that problem too. Are judges required to adhere to the 3 courses ran before 12:30 rule as well? Not that I'm a fan of putting any added pressure on judges, but that would eliminate the huge surge of judges running at the end of the day....

We STRONGLY encourage them to follow the same format.

As far a ECC goes I know a lot of people got stuck on the mountain course at the end of the day in a mad rush....what you probably don't know is that course sat EMPTY with no drivers for almost an hour.

100 drivers divided by 6 = 16.6 per course

Which means 16 people were in other lines with more than 16 drivers or sitting on their ass in the pits for over an hour.

At Nationals if I walk up and see more than 15 people on a course I might just close it for an hour so people will disperse.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
As far a ECC goes I know a lot of people got stuck on the mountain course at the end of the day in a mad rush....what you probably don't know is that course sat EMPTY with no drivers for almost an hour.
I was a judge on the Brood course on top and we sat for a super long time with no drivers and even closed the course for a bit. The course was very difficult for some drivers to get to.

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 09-05-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #32
WOOPOOW!!

I personally hated the top course at ECC... I felt clausterphobic (sp?) with all the drivers and trying to navigate the course. Nearly re-injured my collar bone on the stupid tree as I jumped down to get my rig. That didnt make the rest of my day any better...
Old 09-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslick View Post
I was a judge on the Brood course on top and we sat for a super long time with no drivers and even closed the course for a bit.

That why I had no sympathy for those drivers at the end of the day. They were simply in the wrong lines to often during the day.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

There were a couple of times I felt like I needed to change lines because I was so far back.... but two of the courses were so far away, the thought process went like this....

I've waited here this long... do I give up my spot here to take a chance at a course way off that might be just as big a wait or worse.

I love the variety of courses which means some of them might be way off... so I have no suggestions on how to do it any differently. Well maybe updates on line sizes since you have the radios now. You could have a dry erase on the main tent that gets updated every 10 minutes or so?

I know you have to draw the line somewhere, but having to run to my last course and run it out of breath was harsh

In the end... it's Nationals. I choose to be there... so I'll do whatever I'm asked to do
Old 09-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

At ECC the course that I was judging was actually so far down it was out of radio range. A updated board would be a great idea. This way every 15min or so the judges could send out an update and drivers could take a look before they make the trek. I think there may be something brought up in the judges meeting about trying to do a better job coordinating with each other to get a early start on running some courses. If all the judges wait for 3 or 4 hours to start running it really starts to bottleneck.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimreeper View Post
At ECC the course that I was judging was actually so far down it was out of radio range. A updated board would be a great idea. This way every 15min or so the judges could send out an update and drivers could take a look before they make the trek. I think there may be something brought up in the judges meeting about trying to do a better job coordinating with each other to get a early start on running some courses. If all the judges wait for 3 or 4 hours to start running it really starts to bottleneck.
For ECC I always invite multiple course builders to create variety, and sometimes you get some mixed results. For Nationals I will be more involved in each courses design and location. None will be out of radio range

Probably won't have a dry erase board, but we can offer to radio ahead to the courses to find out wait times

2012 Nationals Itinerary - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012 cANZ Nationals - Australia - 16 June 2012 The CrAwLL BLACK Competitions 11 06-18-2012 06:07 AM
2012 Nationals meffie New Mexico 6 04-17-2012 11:22 AM
2011 Holmes Hobbies RCCrawler Nationals Event Itinerary jason RC Rock Crawling Worlds 14 09-08-2011 06:22 PM
Nationals Itinerary jason RC Rock Crawling Worlds 16 09-04-2006 04:04 PM