Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Pennsylvania

Notices

Thread: Pit Stop Hobbies Comp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 06:35 PM   #1

Default Pit Stop Hobbies Comp

Pit Stop Hobbies in Mt. Joy, Pa will be having a comp on 10/20/12. The shop opens at 10:00 and the drivers meeting will be 12:00. They will be running as many classes as they have drivers for. If you have any questions let me know and I will try and help.
Ffnye79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #2

Default Re: Pit Stop Hobbies Comp

Thats my shop and I missed the comp . I run the 4x4 short scourse ther . would have brought out the ax10 if I would have known. was there a decent turn out. Was given permission by Jimmy the owner before to work on the crawling pile there but mom got ill and life got busy for awhile. Wish I would haave gone.
brokenyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:34 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

When's the next one?
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:27 AM   #4

I'm not sure when they will have another one my guess is in the spring. Hopefully they can get a better turn out then the ones they tried this year. They also need to work on either using a good set of rules or come up with their own. The last one I went to only 4 people showed up and we never set up courses or anything. It turned into a trail ride around their course. I will post when I hear of anything for 2013.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:23 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

If I know far enough in advance I can make it out. We could also put it on the schedule and get the support out. Just a thought.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #6

John,
As soon as I hear anything about one of there comps I try to post it up for them but the last two they had I only found out due to a friend stopping there the day of the comps and calling me. I will meet with Jim this winter and try to get some more info as I will also be meeting with him to see if I can post up our comp schedule in his shop. If I get a copy of EPA's I will also try to get that posted as well. Shoot me an email if you have anything else set up other than the Crawl series at Rausch, or if you have a printable flyer for the events email them to me as well and I will see that Jim gets them as well.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:05 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffnye79 View Post
John,
As soon as I hear anything about one of there comps I try to post it up for them but the last two they had I only found out due to a friend stopping there the day of the comps and calling me. I will meet with Jim this winter and try to get some more info as I will also be meeting with him to see if I can post up our comp schedule in his shop. If I get a copy of EPA's I will also try to get that posted as well. Shoot me an email if you have anything else set up other than the Crawl series at Rausch, or if you have a printable flyer for the events email them to me as well and I will see that Jim gets them as well.

Will do, I'll get that stuff out to you later. We have not had our club meeting yet.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #8

I've spent alot of time at this shop and I Know its known more for it's track racing. They do have the capability to get a good event going. The shop owner just needs to see the interest for it. I know Jimmy would go for a few comps a year if he sees interest. Let them know your interested if you want to see something going there and offer help too. I'm sure we could get something going. Shoot me some thoughts. I'd love to run my first real comp there, I run an ax-10.
brokenyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:21 PM   #9
RCC Addict

I am gonna be totally honest with you guys , pitstop isnt setup to have a real comp. you could possibly do a scale event there, but a 2.2 comp would need a much larger setup to have multiple courses.
i have raced there and dealt with jimmy for many years, even run the races there in the past for him. the investment isnt worth his time to build more crawling areas. people are not going to pay entry fees that would be required to cover the investment on his part when they can go to a local park to comp.
i used to own a shop in this area with an indoor crawling area, its just not cost effective to invest money on crawling courses unless you have a very long winter and an indoor area.
4stAir is offline   Reply With Quote

Pit Stop Hobbies Comp - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Paradise Hobbies 2.2 Comp 2-9-11 -w-designs California 0 03-21-2011 05:05 PM
pit bull comp tire toyotanuts Tires and Wheels 2 05-24-2010 09:10 PM
MTRCRC stop 5 comp location nitronutz@yahoo Montana 1 03-07-2009 06:58 PM
Outlawed kids dirt bikes and pit bikes? STOP THIS! h8z2luze Chit Chat 57 02-23-2009 07:43 PM
Rc hobbies comp 09 pictures Ecuador Crawler Illinois 8 02-22-2009 12:47 AM