Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Pennsylvania

Notices

Thread: MJ8 in Bradenville, PA (August 4th & 5th) W.Pa.C.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2007, 02:33 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default MJ8 in Bradenville, PA (August 4th & 5th) W.Pa.C.

Posted off of RCMT.net

MJ8 is on Saturday August 4th and Sunday August 5th.
Bradenville, Pennsylvania

Events will be held indoors except the Trials Portion of the event, it will be outside weather permitting.
Entry fee for Saturday Racing:
1st Truck = $20.00
2nd Truck = $15.00
3rd Truck = $5.00
4th truck or beyond = FREE
RCMT members get a $5.00 discount at registration for mentioning they are an RCMT member.

Sponsors.......We need sponsors so if you'd like to help out, please contact me at Devastator2000@comcast.net
1. Defiance Racing & Performance
2. Porterfield Farms & JP Racing (2WD & 4WD Drag Racing)
3. Hobbytown USA (Monroeville, PA)

Race winners will receive trophies and 2nd and 3rd receive ribbons. If we can secure some sponsors for this race we will again have door prizes and give-aways as we have done at prior events.

Schedule of events:
SATURDAY
---Doors open at 10:00AM
---Practice and registration from 10:00AM to 12:00PM
---Concourse begins at 12:00PM
---Racing begins ~ 1:00PM

SUNDAY
---Doors open at 9:00AM
---Sign-up for events from 9:00AM to 10:00AM
---Side x Side Drag Racing begins between 10:00 and 10:30
---Trials Course at conclusion of Drag Racing
---Long Jump
---All Sunday events are split into two classes......2WD and 4WD. That's the only rules. It will be $5.00 per truck to enter in the events on Sunday. Long Jump is part of the Saturday entry fee so no charge wil be applied to that competition if it is run on Sunday.

***Trials Competition***
There will be *4* classes at this event. There will be:
1. 2WD
2. 4WD (2.2 tire trucks) ex. Bruiser, TLT etc....
3. 4WD (Clod size tire trucks)
4. 4WD Extreme

RACING CLASSES & RULES
----2WD Stampede
Must use stock, Masher2000 or tire of similar height and be V-tread pattern. Imex Claw Dawgs not legal. Must use 27-turn ROAR legal motors, kit Stinger motor or Magnetic Mayhem. 6-cell battery only. 5-minute races

----2WD Modified Stampede
V-tread pattern a must, Imex Claw Dawgs allowed along with tires for Stock Pede. 7-cell batteries or less, no motor limit, BL motors permitted. 5-minute races

----Conversion
Class for 2.2 wheel trucks. 2WD or 4WD allowed. Trucks such as Wild Dagger, 4X4 Stampede, Losi, AE trucks, Rustlers, HPI MT's etc..... Trucks *must* use V-tread monster tires like Pede tires, Masher2000's, Imex Claw Dawgs etc....No motor limit, BL Allowed, 7-cell batteries or less. 5-minute races

----2WD Clod-o-Pede
For Stampedes running Clod sized tires. No motor limit, BL motors allowed, 7-cells or less. 4-minute races.

----Stock E-Maxx
Can do any mods to the truck but *must* use the stock Titan motors and run 12-cells. Must use rubber tires, no spikes. 5-minute races. In the event there are not enough stock and mod maxxes to form two classes, we may form one class of both stock and mod maxxes.

----Modified E-Maxx
Essentially no rules for this class. No limits on batteries, motors or anything else. BL motors allowed. Must use rubber tires, no spikes. 4-minute races. In the event there are not enough stock and mod maxxes to form two classes, we may form one class of both stock and mod maxxes.

----Novice
Class for the kids and true beginners. Run what you have. 4-minute races.

----4WD Modified
Class for Clods and USA-1 trucks. no motor limit but no BL motors, no cell limits. Must use rubber monster type V-tread tires. 4-minute races.

----4WD Modified II
Class for Clods and USA-1 trucks. This class is being kept on in the event we get a large turnout and people have more clods than there are classes and essentially is an "over-flow" class. no motor limit but no BL motors, no cell limits. Must use rubber monster type V-tread tires. 4-minute races.

----Open
Class for "Clod-sized" trucks and experimental trucks or trucks that do not fit other listed classes. Trucks like 4X4 Clod-o-Pedes, Clod-o-Daggers, mutant monsters etc..... No cell limits. Must use rubber monster type V-tread tires. 4-minute races.

----Shaft Drive
Solid axle shaft driven trucks like TXT-1, Juggs or Twin Force. No motor limit, no cell limit, no BL motors. Must use rubber monster type V-tread tires. 4-minute races.

----Replica
Solid axle and USA-1 trucks running *full* tube frame chassis. No motor limit, no cell limit. Must use rubber monster type V-tread tires. 4-minute races.

----Sport Modified
Class for all solid axle trucks (and USA-1). Must use 17-turn motors or higher. Must use 6-cell battery. Must use either stock Clod, TXT-1, Jugg, Twin Force or USA-1 tires. Any chassis allowed with any mods to it. 4-minute races.

----Mini Monster Truck
Stock or Mod set-ups (including motors) allowed. We'll run this class this way until we see if there's enough to make a stock and mod class. Basically, run what you have if it is a TLT-1, Losi Mini LST or any of the other mini monster trucks. 4-minute races.

Overnight accommodations:
--Super 8
Located near Greensburg, PA. on RT 30
Phone # (724) 838-8080

--Super 8
Rt. 22 Delmont
Phone # (724) 468-4888

--Holiday Inn Express
RT. 30 Greensburg
Phone # (724) 838-7070

--Holiday Inn
RT. 22 Delmont
Phone # (724) 468-1050

--Comfort Inn
Rt. 22 Blairsville
Phone # (724) 459-7100
or 1-800-770-0000

Remember, we allow camping at the track at no extra charge so if you have camping gear (tent, camper, RV, etc....bring it and stay for free!)

As is always the case with our events, all portions are subject to change. In the event of a change to anything regarding the event, it will be posted here in this post and with a reply to the topic itself. So please check back often for updates and/or announcements.
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2007, 02:39 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Directions from Pittsburgh

Merge onto I-376 E / US-22 E toward MONROEVILLE.13.9 miles
Merge onto US-22 E / WILLIAM PENN HWY via the exit on the LEFT toward MURRYSVILLE.18.6 miles
Turn RIGHT onto PA-981.6.5 miles
Turn LEFT onto INDUSTRIAL BLVD.1.4 miles
Turn LEFT onto PA-982.0.3 miles
Turn LEFT onto HIGH ST.<0.1 milesEnd at Bradenville, PA US

Make sure that you turn left off of PA-982 onto High St...just after the underpass. Then right on Alexandria St. It will be upon your left. Easy from there.

Last edited by Rckcrwlr; 07-18-2007 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:39 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Let's make sure that W.Pa.C. has a great presence there...show our colors!!!
Old 07-18-2007, 06:07 PM   #4
RCC Addict

What's the difference between 4WD (clod size tire) and 4WD Extreme?
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:34 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Threw the question out on RCMT...I will let you know.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:37 PM   #6
RCC Addict

wow, i had no idea that bradenville was that close! i though it was a 2+ hour drive. but those directions make it sound less than an hour!
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:41 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER View Post
wow, i had no idea that bradenville was that close! i though it was a 2+ hour drive. but those directions make it sound less than an hour!
Not bad at all. Great group of guys. Several of the guys from SVSC should be there...Also, 1badjeepbruiser, should be there too.

Scope the rigs for the States...
Old 07-18-2007, 06:47 PM   #8
RCC Addict

haha, yeah, if you qualify for them!!

(is that how states is going to work? top 5 or 10 from each club?)

well, at least i have what, 1 or 2 more comps (besides MJ8 ) before the first states event to up my points standings, right?
Old 07-18-2007, 06:50 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER View Post
haha, yeah, if you qualify for them!!

(is that how states is going to work? top 5 or 10 from each club?)

well, at least i have what, 1 or 2 more comps (besides MJ8 ) before the first states event to up my points standings, right?
This is not linked to our points race.

States will be freestanding. We will all start at zero.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:58 PM   #10
RCC Addict

i did not know that, now i feel good.... yay!
Old 07-18-2007, 07:42 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

so what day would be better to come out, i can only make one day i am thinking sunday sounds like the better day?
rockbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:51 PM   #12
RCC Addict

I am only planning on Sunday. Rockbound you might be able to carpool with Lewis, Mz Ruby, and myself. Depending on space in the car, and how much stuff they want to drag out there.
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:58 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Sunday is the day...get there early to see some sick Clod Drag Racing.

Busted,
No on the shocks, yes on the shims...
Old 07-18-2007, 08:23 PM   #14

can i race my stock rustler with the stampedes?
phat crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:47 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Default saturday

im going up sat to check it out . also it looks like u can practise on sat. not sure that means every thing ?

Last edited by LEWIS; 07-18-2007 at 10:52 PM.
LEWIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:15 AM   #16

my sw3 is now complete all i need is some motor wire plugs to install my mamba max ........this sw3 is by far the best crawler ive owned to date and i think im going to work in the morning and buying a new 4wd wheelie king. ill probably just upgrade the links to traxxas rod ends and have a little fun with it before i chop it. lol.......my girl or i cant wait till monster jam to get some real scores that last coarse at the dam was insane ......
phat crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:28 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat crawler View Post
can i race my stock rustler with the stampedes?
I will throw the question out there...
Old 07-19-2007, 04:36 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedcrawler View Post
What's the difference between 4WD (clod size tire) and 4WD Extreme?
Here is your answer:

The difference between 3 and 4 are what you are allowed to do to the trucks. #3 is for 4WD trucks with Clod sized tires and can have any combination of *2* of the 3 major modifications.........which are:
1. 4WS
2. Locked Diffs
3. Gear Reductions

If your truck has all 3 of those, then it *must* go into the Extreme class. I would like to see Digger drop a line on this as he is the Trials course and rules guru.

One major difference is the course layout too. All classes run the same layout except for Extreme.....where extra obstacles are placed on the course. These obstacles are usually *very* difficult and unless it is an extreme crawler rig, it will not have a chance at negotiating it. A lot of times the extreme rigs have trouble on them.

So, the #3 class 4WD Trials is just for your "run-of-the-mill" 4WD Clod sized trucks. We did have them and the 2.2 4WD's lumped together and many felt it should be split up so that is what we did. The 2.2's were getting stomped badly by their bigger brothers.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:46 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedcrawler View Post
I am only planning on Sunday. Rockbound you might be able to carpool with Lewis, Mz Ruby, and myself. Depending on space in the car, and how much stuff they want to drag out there.
Cool we will see when it gets closer, looks like lewis is going sat though. maybe we can meet up and carpool. we can meet in monroeville as you pass through.
rockbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:54 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

damn, I was hoping this was the following weekend.:-( can't make
it the year, gotta wedding I have to go to.
sods is offline   Reply With Quote