Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: EXW's Bully

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
EXW
Pebble Pounder

Default EXW's Bully

In the interest of doing my part to keep the Bully section active, I figured I'd post some updated pictures of my rig. The original build thread is on the last page under "Bully ARTR". Rather than update it, I'm just going to start a new thread.

Since my original thread, I've done a lot of experiementing and changed out several parts. I liked the idea of starting with the ARTR so I had a base line and then "make it my own".

I've had a ton of help with suggestions from a whole lot of guys including Cato, Paintballer, CruzinIllusion, 69Crazyhorse, MrGlassman, and Rubbaneck to name a few. Without them, I'd probably have something looking more like a hamster wheel than a crawler.

Also, R2J made some new lower links for me. So far, they are working great.

I'm still continuing to work on dialing in the suspension but here it is in it's present state.

EXW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2009, 08:08 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Looking good.

I moved the servo arms behind the servo L bracket. It might help your steering. That's just me though.
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:29 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

i also put the servo behind with some spaces on my dads truck
jamesdicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:13 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Looks a lot more capable sitting low like that and not so high up in the air!

Your rig is coming along nicely
Mr Glassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:36 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Looking good cant wait to see it go this weekend. I definately agree with Glassman that it looks allot better slung low like that.
69CrazyHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:17 PM   #6
EXW
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer4Life View Post
Looking good.

I moved the servo arms behind the servo L bracket. It might help your steering. That's just me though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdicken View Post
i also put the servo behind with some spaces on my dads truck
Good idea - I'll give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Glassman View Post
Looks a lot more capable sitting low like that and not so high up in the air!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69CrazyHorse View Post
I definately agree with Glassman that it looks allot better slung low like that.
Thanks. It was around 3" belly height and now is 2.6", hopefully that helps out. However, I'm still trying to figure out how to minimize the axle steer.
EXW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:14 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Let me preface this by saying I am not an expert by any means and there are a ton of people who know far more than me on this forum. But here is what I have learned from reading about suspension geometry and axle swing.

My understanding is that the bottom links should be as close to center on the skid as possible(triangulated) and that the top links should still be triangulated but more like a square. If the top links are triangulated too much it acts more like a 3 link as opposed to a 4 link setup. The problem with the three link is it tends to twist the axle easier which creates axle swing and makes the truck clumsy.

Check out the link setups on the Losi because it is setup very well. The problem with the MOA's are that you typically cannot go as narrow on the lower links at the skid due to the gearbox.

If someone else on here calls me out as being a complete idiot than so be it and I hope they can give me some accurate info than helps me understand it better. All I can say is since I switched that top link and laid the shocks down a little I have been posting better results.
69CrazyHorse is offline   Reply With Quote