Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: New to Bully

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2009, 08:25 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Smile New to Bully

Hello All

Been a shafty driver for about 6 months now and always thought about building a berg. I was talking to a friend who top 3's many local comps with his berg and asked his advice. He told me that I should try to bully's due to the narrower axle.

I ordered a set of the new bully's and a Kamikaze Kustoms 4.0 the other day. I figured I would pull the vanquishes/rovers off my shafty. I have a few questions though for you guys.

1. Is anyone running say twin goats in these? I use a goat now and love it. Any reasons why it cant be done? I love the sensored technology and run a 4pk so I could do some throttle mixing.

2.How do these things sidehill? My shafty is so top heavy that it does not sidehill well.

3. Anyone moved from a berg to a bully? Why? What differences have you noticed?

4. Are people running droop or sprung. I always ran sprung on my shafty.

Any other general feedback or things you might suggest would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
69CrazyHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2009, 12:46 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69CrazyHorse View Post
Hello All

Been a shafty driver for about 6 months now and always thought about building a berg. I was talking to a friend who top 3's many local comps with his berg and asked his advice. He told me that I should try to bully's due to the narrower axle.

I ordered a set of the new bully's and a Kamikaze Kustoms 4.0 the other day. I figured I would pull the vanquishes/rovers off my shafty. I have a few questions though for you guys.

1. Is anyone running say twin goats in these? I use a goat now and love it. Any reasons why it cant be done? I love the sensored technology and run a 4pk so I could do some throttle mixing.
its not impossible but link setup will be a challenge.

2.How do these things sidehill? My shafty is so top heavy that it does not sidehill well.
thats more about setup than the axles but the bullies are heavy so they keep more weight down low. mine sidehills like a dream.

3. Anyone moved from a berg to a bully? Why? What differences have you noticed?
the bergs are much wider and limit your wheel choices. its all personal preference really with this.

4. Are people running droop or sprung. I always ran sprung on my shafty.
torsion, droop, sprung and many variants of both. again this is personal preference.

Any other general feedback or things you might suggest would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
the bullies are my personal fav but its all about what you like. the new bully2's are much better priced than anything else out there and come with the v4 axles. its more about the build than the parts
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:40 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culetto View Post
the new bully2's are much better priced than anything else out there and come with the v4 axles.
EXACTLY...

the cost of a set of bully2's is about 1/2 the price of getting ANY kind of shafty driveline ready to be comp worthy.
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I will be watching this with interest!

Culetto-

any advice on the havoc chassis? I am strongly leaning that way now, like the bullys and have seen some footage of them in action... very impressed however running 1:1 I am not as familiar with the torsion.
Correct me if I am wrong, some decrease in articulation but lower cog, increased stability on sidehill and virtually no rebound from a shock to flip you.... am I correct here for the positives?
RCKSQRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:55 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCKSQRL View Post
I will be watching this with interest!

Culetto-

any advice on the havoc chassis? I am strongly leaning that way now, like the bullys and have seen some footage of them in action... very impressed however running 1:1 I am not as familiar with the torsion.
Correct me if I am wrong, some decrease in articulation but lower cog, increased stability on sidehill and virtually no rebound from a shock to flip you.... am I correct here for the positives?
there was a time when alot of what was tried with rc crawling came from 1:1 crawling, thats all over for the most part. the main benefit of torsion is when you lift a wheel it increases pressure applied to the opposite wheel adding traction. this can also allow you to 'carry' a wheel over a gap to keep you on your line. you can dial in more articulation if you want it but i think you will find that its not as important when getting up the rocks in rc. as for the shocks its all about tuning, the havoc chassis weighs only ounces, most of the weight is in the axles so you wont get any problems with rebound and you can set them up very light, this also helps in keeping a very low cog. imagine a 1:1 crawler keeps 60% of its weight or more above the axles in the chassis/motor/driver/cage etc. The havoc on bullies keeps only about 20% of its weight in the air and the rest is on the axles and wheels.

let me know if you have any more questions, im happy to help.
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:16 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

thanks! I appreciate the input
RCKSQRL is offline   Reply With Quote