Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: Dual steer (F/R) 2.2 Bully. Your thoughts.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 11:06 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Dual steer (F/R) 2.2 Bully. Your thoughts.

So my girl wants some Bully's under here R2j Kustoms V2.2 tuber. I figure why not, it'll be fun to get out and play with the basher once in a while.
I'm kicking around the idea of making it a F/R steer buggy just so she can crawl like the unlimited full size rigs.
She too, runs a 3PK, so my question is, should I just use it or would the Punk R/C dual steering computor make more sense??

If (and it should) it runs better through the tighties, do you think there would be interest (depending on club size) of running an un-limited class?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, SUPERS already run rear steer, but is there enough interest you think for 2.2's to run it?

Off the pondering now, I'm hoping to get hers up and running in a couple months, I've seen a couple other Bully tubers on here and think using the cast Bully's it'd be alright for the weight if I keep it 50/50 sprung.

I'm thinkin' the 53 willy's steering mod up front and the Exertic steering in the back.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2010, 03:23 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I am not sure how the 3pk handles that third channel, but if it has some sort of indexed switch or wheel, then that should work well. I would figure that out first, then ask her if she'd feel comfortable controlling the rear steer in that manner.

I run dual ESCs and f/r steer on my super bully and recently set it up on my Nomadio React so that it uses the thumbwheel for the rear steer and I really like it.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:28 PM   #3
Old guy

Supers are ~THEE~ unlimited class.

There's been talk about it for a couple of years and nothing ever came up. There's been Big comps offer the class and no interest. With 2.2s ,1.9s Supers running at a club of any size, don't really see there being time in a comp day to run them.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:06 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I'll double check the 3PK settings, I'm pretty sure it will work since there's 3 different sets of 3 way buttons on the wheel, (it index's as well) and every one is programable. I'm thinking it would work just like the mixing feature when running 2 ESC's off of it. (Hurley would know, he's the Futaba guru)

As far as interest around here, there might only be a few. There's really NO super class around my area (since there's NO terrain for a super class rig) and everything is 2.2 friendly, (some what 1.9) I may just use it for our "fun rig" and she can lock it out if she wants to comp with it. She likes the Tag's clearence, so she might just end up with it. She likes the idea of the dual steering function tho. (She's a true Monster truck fan at heart.)

"IF" !!!!! IF, there were an unlimited 2.2 class tho, I'd run it.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:20 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Im with ya on that point Rory,,,---->"IF" !!!!! IF, there were an unlimited 2.2 class tho, I'd run it.<-----

I wish they would implement a 2.2 unlimited class...anything goes on 2.2 wheels...oh yeah,,fun to watch for sure
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:58 AM   #6
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
Im with ya on that point Rory,,,---->"IF" !!!!! IF, there were an unlimited 2.2 class tho, I'd run it.<-----

I wish they would implement a 2.2 unlimited class...anything goes on 2.2 wheels...oh yeah,,fun to watch for sure
I look forward to seeing your guys builds on the unlimited class. If you builld it ,maybe it will start.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:07 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Here in Scandinavia, where the upcoming RC4WD Nordic's will be held, the 4WS in the main 2.2 class is accepted. I just don't get the idea in that kind of cheating, seems that people at here is so stupid, that as soon as someone ( in this case the Norwegians) suggests 4ws to be legal, everyone votes for it and the true US-2.2-class fans are crushed...

Well, IMO there is nothing wrong with 4ws (at backyard bashing), driving a rig with it just needs practice (same thing with dig-newbies).
ErÄjOrMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:08 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I think a 2.2 unlimited class would greatly hurt the already hurting super class.
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:12 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Use your dig

i tried it and did not care fore it was not usiong a bully though.
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:36 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErÄjOrMa View Post
Here in Scandinavia, where the upcoming RC4WD Nordic's will be held, the 4WS in the main 2.2 class is accepted. I just don't get the idea in that kind of cheating, seems that people at here is so stupid, that as soon as someone ( in this case the Norwegians) suggests 4ws to be legal, everyone votes for it and the true US-2.2-class fans are crushed...

Well, IMO there is nothing wrong with 4ws (at backyard bashing), driving a rig with it just needs practice (same thing with dig-newbies).
I sure don't think it's "cheating" to by any means, unless it's not allowed.
Look at all the TOP names AND others who are using rear steer in thier buggies at pro and amature events. The sport of rock crawling has progressed alot since the day of running 1ton axles under a Jeep. Dual transfer cases, twin sticks, cutting brakes,; none of those things were used till technology advanced the sport. Just like things have gone from bigger Beefy rigs to smaller light weight 4cyl. buggies, there's a class for just about everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
I think a 2.2 unlimited class would greatly hurt the already hurting super class.
In NO way, would I want to hurt the Super class, but here, there's just no terrain for them. For some, it might benneficial to run 1 rig that could do both; say 2.2, and 2.2 un-limited.
As more and more Shafties are finding it harder to compete with them against MOA's, (some still can mind you) it might offer them a chance at competing if "better" drivers were in the unlimited class.
The shafty could have it's own class. (like now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper View Post
Use your dig

i tried it and did not care fore it was not usiong a bully though.
I use dig in the Bully both front AND rear! I love the advantage of using both, that's why I jumped to MOA's.

I'll try and not make this a chit chat rant. I'm gooing to build it just becuase "I" want to. F/R dig, and F/R steer is appealing to me. Since my accident I can no longer take the abuse of 1ton crawler Jeep and this will have to be my "FIX" for off-roading. Tune in down the road, we'll see how it turns out.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #11
RCC Addict

F/R Steer coupled with dual ESCs sounds like a good time to me. Running a dx6 with mixing on the switches would make for easy control. With the 6 channels there would even be room for f/r dig as well. Now just to find the space in the chassis for all the stuff.
xirtic is offline   Reply With Quote