Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: Front motor temperamental

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 03:03 AM   #1

Default Front motor temperamental

Hi guys from Australia,

I bought a bully RTR a week or 2 ago and besides snapping heaps of rod ends (run out of spares, have the traxxas ones on order) it is going well.

However, I find the front motor does not operate at all times, often it is only rear wheel drive, even at full throttle. When the front is working it has the usual clod stall and works awesome. The wires are all good and my battery is a 3s 1350mah. It seems to be worse when turning. Could it be a faulty bec? I have checked gear mesh and both are good and not tight. I have a Tkin FXR I and cc bec I could throw in but I also have 4s batteries on order so don't want to switch to this permanently. It is also going to be my scalers esc. Should I get better motors? I am reluctant to spend more money on this though, I know an RTR is not a perfect crawler, however I think having 4wd is essential.

Thanks for your help and suggestions, this is my first MOA. I love it but cant help but get frustrated as my old shafty easily outcrawls it due to the above issue. Can't wait to get it fixed.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section

Rob
tuffrangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2010, 08:28 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

I just got my bully RTR as well. Im by no means an expert on these things but here are some of the probs Ive had. Set screw on pinion came loose. The screws for the hubs came out and I put one in that was too long and it was dragging on the axle. yes Im a dummy. Motor came loose. Not to say your motor is not faulty, those are just some of my probs. And yes the rod ends suck. I just got a whole set of metal ends from RC4WD yesterday.

Good Luck
D
Motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:59 AM   #3
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Is it a stock type motor, sealed can?
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:02 AM   #4

Hi guys thanks for your help and sorry for the late reply, I think I have fixed the problem though. It appears to have been a dry solder on the positive side of the motor. I resoldered and havent had a problem since.

Your help is much appreciated.

Rob
tuffrangie is offline   Reply With Quote