Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: 1/10 Bully 2.2 Comp RTR Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Exclamation 1/10 Bully 2.2 Comp RTR Crawler

is it worth it? ive never had an moa..and didnt know if it was a good start....just upgrade tires and 3 ch controller for dig? or will it need way more upgrades than that to make it capable? thanks!
mhflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 1/10 Bully 2.2 Comp RTR Crawler

you will need to upgrade everything on that set up. get the light weight axles and build it up how you want it. it will be cheaper in the long run.
Boids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

what do you need it to be capable of? are you comping or just having fun? really it is a pretty capable crawler, I am building my first one right now. I decided to go the custom way and let me tell you, I am WELL over $1000. And....if I was just crawlin' around in the yard, I really don't think all the money would be worth it. That's my $.02 but what the hell do I know. Well I do know one more thing....if you think you could stop at just a 3 ch rx and tires, then you have WAY more control then most of us
Crawlster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

lol crawlster...in my mini...ive payed more than 750....so yah...lol, i have no money though for a new completely custom rig...im thinking under 400....but th rtr is already over that so how cares? lol
mhflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:54 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhflies View Post
lol crawlster...in my mini...ive payed more than 750....so yah...lol, i have no money though for a new completely custom rig...im thinking under 400....but th rtr is already over that so how cares? lol
If you get axles, I have a brand new Hellstrom Pro Kit...Check the FS section...
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:04 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhflies View Post
is it worth it? I've never had a MOA..and didn't know if it was a good start....just upgrade tires and 3 ch controller for dig? or will it need way more upgrades than that to make it capable? thanks!
Sorta depends on what you want to do with (as already mentioned). For a fun rig, it's OK.
For a comp rig, I agree with "get axles and go from there".

Having done a 3ch radio with a servo dig, then moved to dual ESC's & a WantAmix, I say start with dual ESC's and a way to control them.
I have a Futaba 3PM-x and a WantAmix on my 2.2 Bully. Works well, has dig as well as proportional.
My XR-10 has a hacked GT3B and dual ESC's, it's a little better.

I'm running a Fubar Skeeter chassis (nothing special) with homemade high clearance rear lower links, easy mods to steering, original aluminum Berg rims and my own bodiless topper.

It works, but needs more time on set-up.

Read the stickies here to get ideas on cheap/easy mods. It does NOT have to cost $1000 to build a worthwhile comp rig.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I would start with the lightweight axles and build it up from there there are several good chassis out there. If you are going to build it all new and do the mods to it you will end up at about $1000 or so but still cheaper than a xr10 or berg and almost bulletproof. Until I just started redoing mine to make it all lighter I had just over $600 in it rtr with dual esc's and a Futaba 4pl but I have gotten some of it out of the for sale section and still need a couple of more things to get it down to where I want it on the weight.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote

1/10 Bully 2.2 Comp RTR Crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC4WD Bully 1/10 2.2 Comp RTR Crawler kit seph606 RC4WD Bully 25 04-12-2012 05:48 AM
Bully Comp RTR or Losi Night Crawler cmjomaha Newbie General 21 08-24-2010 09:30 AM