Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: Outcry ESC Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2017, 04:25 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Outcry ESC Question

(Sorry, I know there was a thread concerning something like this a short time ago, but I can not find it)

Hello,
I plan on replacing the electronics on my RTR Bully 2, but until I can afford it, does anyone know if there is anything that can be done to help with the hesitations (cogging?) at startup with forward and reverse?

I am really enjoying this rig and this has, so far, only been an annoyance and has not really kept me from maneuver where I want to go. If I could just alleviate some of this, I would be happy. I know the ESC is not programmable, but I am hoping something else can be done to help a small amount.

I have kept the stock wiring until I can get better electronics. The only thing I have done here is to check and tighten up any connection that appeared to be loose. Could this "aggravate" this problem?

Twice now, I have had someone come up to me and ask be about my crawler as they have not seen one in person and are interested in this design and type of rig. The conversation always goes really well until I get in a tight spot and the crawler starts this movement. After that, the next question usually is something like, “Whats the %?#@ is it doing that for?”. After this, they usually just kind of wonder off without saying anything.

Thank you.
edan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2017, 04:31 PM   #2
5th D Owner/Driver

Default Re: Outcry ESC Question

Unfortunately a new esc like the BR-mini or Tekin FXR is the way to fix the problem. You'll also have a Lipo cutoff with a new esc so get one sooner rather than later if your just out playing.
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:02 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Cboggs,

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately, my income was cut by one-third a couple of week ago, so no more new toys for a while.

Everything that I have read so far has stated that a new ESC was the first thing to try, but I was hoping that there was some minor (cheap) things that a person could do to improve this a little.

This is still my favorite crawler, so for now I guess I’ll just learn to live with it.
edan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 06:07 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I ran mine on a sidewinder j had laying around......
Cogging is a motor, gearing, controller issue, seems simple, but it isn't

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:21 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I'm running an ae-5 which was 30 dollars. I believe its the same as a wp 1040 ESC. Which is even cheaper. Has a lipo cut off and eliminates the cogging. Relatively cheap fix until you go dual ESC. I believe I've seen a wp 1040 as cheap as 15 bucks.
Evo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:08 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

For a cheap option to rid of the cogging issue you can go for the hobby wing 1040 like Evo said. It does make a big difference.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Xtacy33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Outcry ESC Question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
C4WD OUTCRY CRAWLER DUAL MOTOR ESC Motor question Maliboost Electronics 2 03-02-2014 03:49 PM
outcry esc ? buggynutt Electronics 5 01-14-2011 08:49 PM
RC4WD Outcry ESC Turn Limit Question md7989 Electronics 4 11-28-2010 12:18 PM