RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   RC4WD Trail Finder 2 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc4wd-trail-finder-2/)
-   -   TF2 tips and tricks thread (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc4wd-trail-finder-2/372911-tf2-tips-tricks-thread.html)

Joe$ 09-04-2013 05:40 PM

Re: TF2 tips and tricks thread

Post pics of what your talking about please. It's possible that the bead isn't lining up right but it's hard to say without seeing it.

thekdk604 11-17-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HARDRIVE (Post 3917869)
Hi guys have a question
Wouldnt it be better for gripping without the foam n the tires?
Or would the tf2 is to heavy without the foam

You are right, the tires can conform to the terrain better because they flex over things better and become softer. I have seen a guy on youtube called DJMEDIC do that and it works with his TF2.

Joe$ 11-17-2013 10:55 PM

I think you have to make sure you have a good seal on your wheel tire for it to work. And hopefully you don't have a ton of cactus like I have by my house.

thekdk604 11-18-2013 01:00 PM

Also, the DJMEDIC guy said that the foam can get all water logged if you decide to run in water, so he just takes his out.

silentbeatdown 11-30-2013 10:25 AM

So after doing the chain link rear shackles I noticed that the rear of the truck wanted to flex a ton more then my shocks would allow. trying to keep this low buck I was on the hunt to improve this, I noticed that the shock body was the biggest problem. So I took the pistons from the stock rear shocks and tossed them into the bodies of the front shocks, then I mounted them in place of the rear. It made a Very noticeable difference. I will edit this later with photos.

Hi-Intentionz 03-19-2014 03:03 PM

Any tips on the front suspension even replacing the leaf springs with the rc4wd red ones I still have little to no flex...?? Help please and I want to install a set of GMade TS01 and when I install them the are bottomed out what can be done ?? Thanks

Lentsnh2012 03-19-2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Intentionz (Post 4715054)
Any tips on the front suspension even replacing the leaf springs with the rc4wd red ones I still have little to no flex...?? Help please and I want to install a set of GMade TS01 and when I install them the are bottomed out what can be done ?? Thanks

How many leafs did you install? They still have to break in.

Take the springs out of your shocks and put in a dab of shock oil in the shock body for lubrication.

Hi-Intentionz 03-19-2014 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lentsnh2012 (Post 4715066)
How many leafs did you install? They still have to break in.

Take the springs out of your shocks and put in a dab of shock oil in the shock body for lubrication.

I did do that and nothing I installed 2 leafs cause they were bending bad...

the build master 05-21-2014 10:06 PM

Great tips thank u for the info will help me as soon as I get mine done .

dresven 07-31-2014 01:20 PM

Thanks for all the info. I still have a few things left to do to mine.

Greatscott 10-20-2014 07:26 PM

Beadlock Building...

Just finished with my beadlocks, found a trick to making it easier to get them together.

I used a 4mm screw (around 16mm), a 4mm nut and two washers. After getting the ring in the wheel I put the two halves together, then put the screw and nut through the middle with the washers there so the screw and nut do not mar the wheel. I cinched them down enough to get one screw threw, lining up the holes with a small long hex driver (the one that fits the beadlock hex screws). After getting all screws through, and nuts on, I cinched the 4mm screw down fairly tight, then tightened up all of the screws and nuts. The only real trick of this is to line up the two halves correctly.

AsILayDying 01-15-2015 06:10 PM

I read that using Gelande front shock hoops and 90mm shocks up front helps out on flex and drive-ability of the rig. Someone also said using SCX10 shock hoops and shocks works for a cheap easy solution.

slow1500 01-17-2015 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsILayDying (Post 5115159)
I read that using Gelande front shock hoops and 90mm shocks up front helps out on flex and drive-ability of the rig. Someone also said using SCX10 shock hoops and shocks works for a cheap easy solution.

That's what I did. .. but that's on a linked suspension rig. I got an extra 1/4 to 1/2 inch of travel.

creepinchevy69 02-08-2015 05:41 PM

That can be done on a leafed or linked rig. Added front gelande 2 shock hoops on mine with 90mm shocks and gained about a 1/4" more travel on leafs. Another thing I did was rearched the medium leafs "flatter" so they only get used when the shock travels half ways.

HARDRIVE 09-29-2015 10:46 AM

Tips for side marker lights getting hang up on the trails

Removed those lights on the rig
Traced those holes on a cardboard
Put back the lights on the rig
Traced the outline of the lights on the rig
Cut it out
Get a scrap styrene
Traced those holes from the carboard to the styrene
So you can install those lights on the styrene
Glue the styrene back on inside the rig
Now those lights is flushed with the body
No more sticking out lights :D

etanthegreat138 10-25-2015 04:34 PM

I've seen a high clearance 3d printed skid plate for the transfer case for the tf2 on here somewhere a while back and cannot find it anywhere now, does anyone know of this item? And yes I've used the search �� bar.

mjc597 11-04-2015 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etanthegreat138 (Post 5319670)
I've seen a high clearance 3d printed skid plate for the transfer case for the tf2 on here somewhere a while back and cannot find it anywhere now, does anyone know of this item? And yes I've used the search ? bar.

Look into sczerba's flatbed tf2 build in the trailfinder2 section... he used one on his..

etanthegreat138 11-07-2015 05:57 AM

That's it man, thanks.

greenz 11-24-2015 10:13 AM

I put some stick on wheel weights on the bottom side of the body to help balance things out since its a bit front heavy.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...psutjk226i.jpg

dpcardoza 01-22-2016 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katan (Post 3637711)
Front shock hoop can be mounted behind the front axle like this:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d8...s/PICT0461.jpg

Anybody have a working pic of this? Just can't picture it.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk