RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   RC4WD Trail Finder 2 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc4wd-trail-finder-2/)
-   -   Team RC4WD Guide to the TF2 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc4wd-trail-finder-2/524671-team-rc4wd-guide-tf2.html)

Natedog 04-24-2019 02:44 PM

Re: Team RC4WD Guide to the TF2

BTW, wanted to thank New2rocks for writing up this excellent guide and helping me (and others) to gather parts and get my TF2 dialed in! Thank you! 8)"thumbsup"

Big Bill 03-19-2020 08:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I am back to this thread again to refresh my memory on a TF2 build. Planning a long term build/upgrade project for this rig. Thanks again for this info.

djr01974 07-29-2020 10:40 PM

What’s going on TF2’ owners. I’m not new to crawling I have 2 trailwalkers both slightly modded one with a tf2 body and also a modded gen 8 axe edition. I just purchased my first tf2 lwb and should be here sat. With all the reading I’ve done it looks like I need to check the shimming of the ring and pinion on the front diff. I’ve heard some say they are bullet proof Trucks and some say they are well piles of you know. The driveshafts have steel ends, but should I expect to snap them ? I don’t plan on this being a full on crawler as I have a few trucks very capable but I do plan on running it as none of my rigs are shelf queens and are run pretty hard in all terrain. What should I expect from this rig. I’m super stoked on getting it though. Thanks for anyone with info.

1fox2go 07-30-2020 12:52 PM

Driveshafts will break. So Grab some Axial Wild Boars to replace them with if you want to go on a budget.

The springs inside the Shocks kill any suspension travel so remove the springs and deal with leaky shocks or replace the shocks

Leaf packs do take a while to break in

The tires are ok but small

I didnt care for the 2 speed trans, but if you are trailing you may like it.

My opinion of it, if you want to spend the work tweaking and tuning it, you can get some really good results like many on here have. Otherwise, it is a good platform for a scale toyota pickup that you can run some trails with.

djr01974 07-30-2020 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1fox2go (Post 6037373)
Driveshafts will break. So Grab some Axial Wild Boars to replace them with if you want to go on a budget.

The springs inside the Shocks kill any suspension travel so remove the springs and deal with leaky shocks or replace the shocks

Leaf packs do take a while to break in

The tires are ok but small

I didnt care for the 2 speed trans, but if you are trailing you may like it.

My opinion of it, if you want to spend the work tweaking and tuning it, you can get some really good results like many on here have. Otherwise, it is a good platform for a scale toyota pickup that you can run some trails with.

Cool thanks this is the rtr tf2 4door it comes with r3 single speed. My plans are yes remove the inner shock springs and maybe one helper leaf. The stock drive shafts state they are metal yokes plastic shafts. Do the shocks even hold oil?😁 thanks for responding 👍

djr01974 08-04-2020 09:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well I got my tf2 lwb rtr and I must say it’s pretty cool. I shimmed the rear diff the front was ok lubed everything, blue lock tight on everything. I replaced the front shock hoops with the Gelande 2 hoops moved the hoops back to give it a bit more steering. Removed the internal springs removed the smallest leaf and put it on top of the pack to keep the leafs from spring wrap. Swapped out the stock servo. Waiting on steel front and rear bumpers and the front reverse Shackle Mount. Attachment 390834

Attachment 390835

Attachment 390836

B-MOW71 08-05-2020 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djr01974 (Post 6037259)
What’s going on TF2’ owners. I’m not new to crawling I have 2 trailwalkers both slightly modded one with a tf2 body and also a modded gen 8 axe edition. I just purchased my first tf2 lwb and should be here sat. With all the reading I’ve done it looks like I need to check the shimming of the ring and pinion on the front diff. I’ve heard some say they are bullet proof Trucks and some say they are well piles of you know. The driveshafts have steel ends, but should I expect to snap them ? I don’t plan on this being a full on crawler as I have a few trucks very capable but I do plan on running it as none of my rigs are shelf queens and are run pretty hard in all terrain. What should I expect from this rig. I’m super stoked on getting it though. Thanks for anyone with info.

Quote:

Originally Posted by djr01974 (Post 6038205)
Well I got my tf2 lwb rtr and I must say it’s pretty cool. I shimmed the rear diff the front was ok lubed everything, blue lock tight on everything. I replaced the front shock hoops with the Gelande 2 hoops moved the hoops back to give it a bit more steering. Removed the internal springs removed the smallest leaf and put it on top of the pack to keep the leafs from spring wrap. Swapped out the stock servo. Waiting on steel front and rear bumpers and the front reverse Shackle Mount.

Congrats on getting the TF2!"thumbsup"

These are cool rigs and can be made to perform well! Check out my Marlin thread here:http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc4wd...n-crawler.html to see what all I had to do to make great!

You should start a build thread so we can follow along with the build progress.

Looking forward to seeing pics and videos!:)

Just1More 04-07-2022 09:18 AM

Thanks for such a awesome detailed write-up and and review. I'm ordering my 1st TF2 builders kit here shortly and definitely and definitely some great information shared here.