Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: How tough is the tf body?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2017, 09:40 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default How tough is the tf body?

I'm still in the process of my build. The body is complete and sits aside till the electronics and other goodies. I'm familiar with how much abuse the lexan/polycarbonate bodies can take and with repairs to them like shoe too and drywall tape. I've seen in the forums repairs done to the bodies and bodies that have been tore completely apart.

So the question is how tough is the body of the tf really. Is there any secrets to help hold it together while on the trails?
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2017, 05:59 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: How tough is the tf body?

Totally depends on what you plan to do with it. As a hard plastic body it’s sturdy, but inherently more brittle than a lexan lid. If you plan to bash it, it’s going to break, since there’s not much flex in it. Imo it’s plenty strong for a trail truck though.
IVIaarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 06:03 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I'm still in the process of my build. The body is complete and sits aside till the electronics and other goodies. I'm familiar with how much abuse the lexan/polycarbonate bodies can take and with repairs to them like shoe too and drywall tape. I've seen in the forums repairs done to the bodies and bodies that have been tore completely apart.

So the question is how tough is the body of the tf really. Is there any secrets to help hold it together while on the trails?
They hold up well.

I have rolled my TF2 down some pretty good hills and the only damage has been a broken off tie down hook from the bed and some scratched paint.

Yes, you can crack them with a hard direct hit on a rock but part of the beauty is with some styrene, glue, and body filler, they can be good as new.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 03:30 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Good to know, I did think about glue and body filler, but didn't think about styrene. I've seen where others would build interior stuff with styrene and body panels, great idea. Thanks I'll keep that in mind, what a great tip.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote

How tough is the tf body? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
R1 how tough are they CPT.HOOK G-Made Crawlers 3 02-11-2011 11:02 PM