Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > RCP Crawlers

Notices

Thread: RCP Crawlers May Newsletter **Check Out What We Are Up To**

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2007, 11:02 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default RCP Crawlers May Newsletter **Check Out What We Are Up To**

With all the questions and emails we receive each week, I have decided to put together a monthly RCP newsletter. Each monthly post will include events we will be attending, projects we are currently working on, parts we are manufacturing, release dates on new items and anything else that may be of interest. May newsletter is below. I will post future monthly newsletters here at rcc in the RCP Crawlers vendor section and at www.rcpcrawlers.com.

MAY 2007
RCP Crawlers Newsletter

Events

We have no events scheduled for May. We just got back from the AMA race at California Speedway where we ran rock crawling demos on the RCP modular crawling mountain. The event was a big success as we teamed up with HPI and demoed a variety of RC rock crawling trucks for the thousands of attendees. There is a good chance we will be back at California Speedway for the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series 500 in September. I built a rock crawling demo track for the Daytona 500 for the Goodyear Corp. back in Feb of 2006, which was a huge hit. With our new rock mountain, I think another NASCAR event would be a great draw for rc rock crawling.

We are working with the organizers to attend and exhibit at some other events later in the year.

Off Road Expo... One of the largest off road shows in the US.
Tamiya Con........ A great event for all ages. Model contests, military tanks and many other hands on activities.
IHobbyExpo........ We ran a crawling display last year. We may possibly attend this year.

Projects

Website.....We have been working on a new website, which some of you may already know. The site will be "state of the art" and will allow us to provide a variety of cool features. One feature will be a builder program that will allow users to build there own custom axles or trucks straight from the site from which discount pricing will be given for buying the combo kits. Start out with a stock axle and add as many accessories and upgrades needed and the program will calculate the discount and give you the total price. Do the same with a 2.2 or Super Class trucks and receive the same discounts once you are finished building your custom rig.

We are currently working on getting all the products added to the new site and we will go live sometime in the next few weeks, shortly after we have done some testing. We have many products to add including some new ones that are arriving in the next few weeks.

Warehouse....We have been looking for a new building to call home for the last 5 months. We found a good location in Burbank, California and we will be visiting the building this Friday to possible sign the papers. Burbank is located in Southern California just north of Los Angeles. The building houses a 3,000 sq ft warehouse from which we will be using a portion of, with options to grow within the building space when the time comes. We feel comfortable setting up the shop in Southern California as many of the major players in the Hobby Industry are just an hours drive away. Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, HPI, MIP, Integy and Proline can all be visited within a days drive.

Manufacturing

We have been very busy in the design, manufacturing and prototype testing of new crawling parts. Lately we have been sending new part designs to our factory each week. We should have a bunch of new stuff available in the month of May and early June. With the release of the Team Carnage Crew Hustler, we have received a lot of interest in a 2.2 version. We have finished all testing with the prototype trucks and should have a limited amount of 2.2 rigs available in a few weeks. Production of the Super Hustler has been slow, but we are aggressively working on a new program that if successful, will produce enough trucks for the masses. The same goes for the 2.2 version of the Hustler.

Below are parts we have already designed and are either waiting for the prototype part to come back from the factory to test or are already manufacturing.

HPI Wheely King

MIP CVD Axles (Design stage)
Axle Aluminum C's (Prototype manufacturing stage)
Aluminum Knuckles (Prototype manufacturing stage)
Stainless Steel Ring and Pinion Locker (Prototype manufacturing stage)
Steel inner and outer axles (Design stage)
Drive shafts (Prototype manufacaturing stage)
Servo mounts (Prototype manufacaturing stage)
Stretch conversion kit with links (Prototype manufacaturing stage)
Upper link mounts (Prototype manufacaturing stage)
Tranny internal gears (Design stage)
RCP 45, 55, 65 turn motors.
Behind the axle steering kit (Prototype manufacturing)

TLT

TLT Aluminum knuckles (new maximum stearing design) (Prototype manufacaturing stage)
TLT Stainless Steel Ring and Pinion Locker. (Manufacturing)
TLT Fat Rock C's (In Stock)
Fat Rock Battery/Servo/Link mount (In Stock)
TLT CVD's (In Stock)
TLT Delrin shortened axle cases. (Design stage)
TLT axle combo kits (Late May)
Team Carnage Crew Rock Rings for the Axial 2.2 and other non beadlock wheels. (Available 5/11/07)

Clod

Clod axle combo kits (Available now)
Knuckles (Manufacturing stage)
Adjustable motor mounts (Design stage)
RCP Carbon Fiber Super Chassis Kit with links and skid plate (Prototype manufacturing)
Steering links (Manufacturing)
Suspension links (Manufacturing)
Team Carnage Crew "Hustler" (Manufacturing ETA 5/14/07)
Team Carnage Crew 2.2 Hustler (Manufacturing ETA 2 weeks)
Team Carnage Crew Rock Rings for the Axial Beadlocks and other non beadlock wheels. (Available 5/14/07)

New Product listings

JPCustomRC's Clod Knuckles (ETA 5/18/07)
Holmes Hobbies Crawlmaster 3014 (ETA Late May)
Traxxas stock TQ3 and receiver (Available 5/11/07)
Narrowed Axial 40 Series Beadlock wheels in Chrome, Black and Black Chrome. (Limited supply available 5/11//07)
Montana Scale Designs BB51 Scale Chassis and TLT Servo/Link plates (ETA 5/18/07)
Reign Comp Chassis (ETA 5/17/07)
Scale accessories (5\18\07)

RC4WD Raptor Axles, Portal Axle, Raptor Steering (ETA 5/18/07)
Scale hard bodies. FJ Cruiser, Land Rover, Hummer H2 (Limited supply available 5/14/07)
Axial Lizard 2.2 Tires (In Stock NOW)
Off-road RC Trucks....
Tamiya F-350 Hi-Lift (ETA 5/14/07),
Kyosho Mini-Monster (ETA 5/14/07),
Kyosho Mini-Inferno Light Armor Vehicle (ETA 5/14/07)
Kyosho Twin Force Spirit (ETA 5/14/07)

So Cal RC

New schedule is currently be drawn up . We will post information on the upcoming club events and competitions in the June newsletter.

New Vendors

We have some new items from Montana Scale Designs coming to the site next week.

We are working on an order from JW Customwurks and should have some of their Thunderhorse trucks on the site shortly.

We are adding Aluminum Clod knuckles by JP CustomRC's to the site and should have them available in the next week or two.

If you are a vendor at rcc and would like your products offered at RCP Crawlers, please PM or email me with the details. We attend many shows and events throughout the year and we market all the products we carry to the thousands who attend.

Thanks for all your support. If you don't see something on the list above that you would like to possibly see manufactured by RCP Crawlers, please post here with your wish lists.

Have a rockin day!

Last edited by Rockpiledriver; 05-16-2007 at 02:39 PM.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2007, 11:10 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP View Post
With all the questions and emails we receive each week, I have decided to put together a monthly RCP newsletter.

The site will be "state of the art" and will allow us to provide a variety of cool features. One feature will be a builder program that will allow users to build there own custom axles or trucks straight from the site from which discount pricing will be given for buying the combo kits. Start out with a stock axle and add as many accessories and upgrades needed and the program will calculate the discount and give you the total price. Do the same with a 2.2 or Super Class trucks and receive the same discounts once you are finished building your custom rig.
great idea for the newsletter other vendors shoudl pick up on this idea

as for the web site features........simply awe struck no words this will be the coolest vendor site.

keep up the great work

sincerly

RCP Satisfied Customer
chivas72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:55 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Great idea with the new letter John.
Looks like everything is coming together!
RCP rocks!
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:49 PM   #4
I lost my vendor privileges

glad to see something like this on RCC. i think it is a good idea as well.
keep up the good work and we will keep reading and ordering.
clodstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:25 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

newsletter is a great idea

RCP continues to impress me with the amount of research, work, and testing done on products to help benifit the crawling crowd. Guess it helps having a job where work and play both benifit the business
TxCruzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:09 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Awesome idea. It's great to see all the new products in the works. Looking forward to sending you guys all my paychecks!
J Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:33 PM   #7
RCC Addict

THIS IS WHY RCP ROCKS!!!!!!!!
Nice job guys

~John
KRAWLR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:27 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

The TLT Stainless Steel Ring and Pinion, is that a stock ratio? Or is it a lower ratio and any estamate on the price?
offroadford4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:51 AM   #9