Notices

Thread: HELLO ALL...!! 1st Post

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 07:44 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default HELLO ALL...!! 1st Post

Hello All!

My 1st post here.
I ordered a rs10 yesterday and have been lurking here for about two weeks.
I am 38 YO with 4 kids so I'm not new to RC just RC rock crawling. I am a member of RCUNIVERSE.COM that's how I found this place. ( I fly alot of the cox and testors vintage .049 CL stuff)

I bought the RS10 mainly for the price and that so many other parts and hacks are out there for it. I looke @ a AX10 it was 249.99 @ my LHS ARTR
( where I buy my 1/2A glow fuel.)
I live in PA so rocks aren't a problem. WE got rocks not much dirt..!

I have some questions on this critter.

1: I'm gonna get the tires for it from the start HB rovers unless someone has a better tire to suggest. (I'm buying these due to the reviews on this board)

2: batteries and charger. (Someone suggest a better charger and battery) lipo's are fine I'll get a early warning alarm from tower. ( again due to the reviews here.)

3: I'm NOT going to lock the rear steering (yet) it was also a selling point for me. YOU have no idea how many times I've had to "touch" a rc TO GET IT OUT OF A TIGHT SPOT! ( And that just plain pisses me off.)

4: my kids will NOT drive this, they all have their own RC's anyone that says new bright is junk ain't got 4 kids. Even my 2YO daughter drives the snot out of them and into everything.

5: I'm gonna do the yellow to yellow blue to blue wire conversion. (might be my 1st Mod. since the RS10 isn't here and I haven't bought anything else for it yet.

SO anyways better tires than what I listed and a decent battery cell and charger are what I'm after 1st.
any other Mods. are welcome.

First and formost Thanks for the board it's been a wealth of knowledge so far.

Later Rich
armalite_ar50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2010, 08:09 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Welcome to the family, Rich! Looks like you already have some good plans for your RS10 going. The rovers are good tires...but you can't go wrong with those, panthers, or losi comp/rock claws. Batteries and chargers are something I've not experimented very much with...but I'm happy with my losi sport mini peak charger for nimh batteries. If you haven't already, check out the stick "official RS10 tips and tricks thread"...it has plenty of cheap/easy mods you can do to improve your performance. Let us know if you have any further questions.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:18 PM   #3
bsn
Quarry Creeper

Definately go with a 2s lipo. I did and am very happy. I put about 50 charges through some nimh before I changed but have been very happy with the lipo. I bought a Venom computerized charge from my LHS. Pretty good price at $100.
bsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:19 PM   #4

I must agree the white dot hbr are great,i'm stuck on them,because they stick to rocks Rat
NWRokkRat is offline   Reply With Quote