Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: RS10 Body

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 05:18 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default RS10 Body

I know I have read that some on here don't seem to like the body, but I kinda do. It's a Hummer HX Concept and since I drive an H3 and hope that Hummer comes out with the HX, it would be cool to have a lexan 1/10 version since the real truck doesn't exist yet other than the concept prototype. What I want to know is can the body be had CLEAR rather than already painted? I would love to get a clear one to have my own paint scheme put on it without having to paint the outside...
Digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2010, 05:30 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

the body looks cool my only complaint is that the fender dont even come close to lining up it look like the body belongs on a smaller tuck
alterchristopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:02 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I was worried about buying bodies to see if they would fit or look right, until I went to my local hobby store. I have been there maybe 50 times in the last three months and never noticed the huge pile of bodies right by the door!! Maybe because there clear I don't know. Your local hobby shop is like Pets Mart, Your Crawler or other RC's are more than welcome there. In fact its encouraged!! I brought my RS10 in to try on bodies and I was there for almost an hour talking Crawlers. So asking about bodies and if they will fit is fine but go to the hobby store , they hide stuff in the back (Next time I will bring a notepad and write down the ones that fit...sorry lol )
GreMonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:33 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Practically any 1/10 scale body will fit the RS10's. Some trimming might be required depending on how low you run your body, though. On 2.2 crawlers the tires almost never line up with the wheel wells on a body like they would on a scaler truck. I'm curious if the paint can be stripped from the stock RS10 body...it might be awesome to see some custom paint jobs on the stock bodies.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:41 PM   #5
jwo
Rock Crawler

i dont know about you guys, but i like some 1/10 bodies. i never get them for my crawlers because i kinda find it a bit of a waste. just because of the fact of how much you have to trim off so tires dont rub. i only go for the crawler bodies for my crawlers. they do require some trimming but no where near as much.full on scalers are a different story. i can see if you want the scaler look with the performance of a full on crawler. if you dont trim your bodies then they are mounted way to tall most of the time. a buddy of mine bought prolines scout body and all the hardware( cage and all). after all the money spent, he never ended up using it. way to top heavy and he cut the crap out of it. with the crawler bodies they can be mounted alot lower with minimal or no rub. just my preference, not knocking or anything so please dont take it the wrong way guys

im sure the paint can be stripped. theres all kinds of different ways to do it. finger nail polish w/ acetone, paint thinner, brake cleaner(may be a little harsh),brake fluid. with the brake fluid you have to let it soak for a while. not all bodies are easy though. i wanted to do that to my 1/10 losi dt, but no luck no matter what i used.i have done it on quite a few bodies. or when i screw up a paint job, ill strip the paint off that i screwed up to redo. if you wanted to see if it was possible take a q tip with any of the above and try it on a spot on the body. it takes alot of work. easy to get off,but getting it back to a true clear is hard.redcat might sell clear ones. not sure though. at least i would think they would.
jwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:21 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

If they don't sell clear bodies they should start today. RS-10's look like clones every one is the same. Note to Red Cat or any Red Cat dealer. If you start selling clear bodies please include window masks and the decal sheet If I can paint my H whatever hummer body the way I want I might just keep it.
GreMonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I will ask Redcat to bring in some clear bodies. I have one of the clear prototypes that I am painting up this weekend.

Last edited by RAMTech-RC; 02-14-2010 at 11:45 AM.
RAMTech-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:21 PM   #8
RCC Addict

I too will see what I can come up with on some clear bodies!
The masses speak and we listen!

-Jason
KrawlOff-Road.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:23 PM   #9
jwo
Rock Crawler

window masks are a must, would also be nice to have the over spray film as well, but id rather have window masks if it was one or the other. i bought a clear body to paint for my rc tornado bb that didnt have either, but this was a while ago. redcat may have changed this by now.
jwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

This is a different factory for these crawler bodies, so they might be able to do window masks and opverspray sheet.

As far as masses go, I'm sure they won't be huge seller.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:22 PM   #11

i was just wondering if u guys think it would be possible to buy a 1/8th scale truck body and do a lil trimming to it i could run it on the rs10. im trying to get a scaler look with the comp performance.
rollinbigpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:46 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

That would probably work to get the wheelwells over the tires.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:47 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Here is my 13 year old's first attempt at painting a body by himself.

Last edited by RAMTech-RC; 02-18-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:19 PM   #14
RCC Addict

That body looks pretty good. Not bad at all for a first paint job.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:39 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

loks bette than what i could do
alterchristopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:06 PM   #16

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMTech-RC View Post
That would probably work to get the wheelwells over the tires.
yeah thats wat i was thinking. you think it would look alright? or would it look to gawdy
rollinbigpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:54 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinbigpower View Post
yeah thats wat i was thinking. you think it would look alright? or would it look to gawdy
Really all depends on the body. Some of those bigger scale bodies might look ridiculous, some might look ok. I've not heard many folks talk about running 1/8 scale bodies on a 1/10 rig, so photos and everything might be hard to find.