Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: dang,so torn on what to get!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 07:07 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default dang,so torn on what to get!!!

so,im going to be coming into a LITTLE money soon.
i still havent gotten any solid answers....

what battery can i buy to use???
what motors will fit right in,with no mods?
what servos?
steevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2010, 07:24 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

better battery, bar none. get at LEAST 3800.
Cam_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:34 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Battery - any sub c sized 6 cell brick pack will fit perfectly in the stock location. I also agree with going above 3000mah if you can. However, my advice is to consider if you're gonna upgrade to an aftermarket or custom chassis in the future. Fitting a massive brick pack in a new chassis isn't exactly easy. I ended up going to 2/3A 1500mah saddle packs for mine because they fit nicely on the back axle.

Motor - any 380 sized motor should bolt right up with no problems. My motors are 400 sized and they're extremely close to the shocks...clearance is almost an issue. There's a list of good choices in the tips and tricks thread and all should bolt up with no mods.

Servo - take your pick between all of the high torque servos basically. Hitec 645mg is a good inexpensive one. There are plenty of options for servos.

Best thing would be to let us know what parts in particular you're looking for and we can give you a little guidance on the route to take.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:07 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsowens View Post
Battery - any sub c sized 6 cell brick pack will fit perfectly in the stock location. I also agree with going above 3000mah if you can. However, my advice is to consider if you're gonna upgrade to an aftermarket or custom chassis in the future. Fitting a massive brick pack in a new chassis isn't exactly easy. I ended up going to 2/3A 1500mah saddle packs for mine because they fit nicely on the back axle.

Motor - any 380 sized motor should bolt right up with no problems. My motors are 400 sized and they're extremely close to the shocks...clearance is almost an issue. There's a list of good choices in the tips and tricks thread and all should bolt up with no mods.

Servo - take your pick between all of the high torque servos basically. Hitec 645mg is a good inexpensive one. There are plenty of options for servos.

Best thing would be to let us know what parts in particular you're looking for and we can give you a little guidance on the route to take.
i think im going after the 645 servos. and what are some good cheap motors?
steevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:03 AM   #5

I just ordered the Banebots and cant wait for them to come in...
rollinbigpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:01 AM   #6
RCC Addict

For a battery, lipo is the way to go. Smaller and offers a much bigger punch! This will alow you to get away from the big brick looking stick packs and allow you to have much more room!

-Jason
KrawlOff-Road.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:09 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

lipos require some more expensive modifications. Mostly a new esc like the castle creations sidewinder and i would recomend a BEC with the new hi torque servo. just my $.02
landtortise89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:19 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

I'v been telling guys that TRAXXAS makes dood servos. a good upgrade from the stock ones for sure they produce 126oz in torque and right now on e-bay you can pick them up for $20 shipped! pluss they are waterproof....

http://cgi.ebay.com/rustler-vxl-2075...item230598145f
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:46 AM   #9
RCC Addict

For motors...if you want cheap and pretty decent...go for banebots. If you want not so cheap and motors I've had good luck with...get cobalts. 454's are also really nice.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote