Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: I think rs10 is a gateway drug

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 09:31 PM   #1

Default I think rs10 is a gateway drug

I just got mine and started by chasing the dogs around the house. I plan to run it till till some thing breaks, as it is my first crawler, and first non toy store RC.
Cant wait for the snow to go away for good and find some rocks!!!
I think all the info is great here!!!
Scott
SAMiller5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2010, 09:50 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

HAHA Crawling is addicting. I dont even have one yet and been on here the last 3 weeks doing research.
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:14 PM   #3
bsn
Quarry Creeper

Sucker...Next thing you know, your going to be pushing it on all your friends. You'll be lurking over on the scale pages trying to decide if getting one will help satisfy you cravings, and you girl will be pissed off at you.Welcome to the life.You need to find your local CA group and see if you can get a sponsor.
bsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:47 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Next thing ya know youll be at the local LHS wearing nasty clothes and scratching your neck yelling "I NEED ROCKS". and the poor kid behind the counter will be looking at you with the look of, "No you dont, I need rocks"And pretty soon it will be an epedemic.

AHAHAHAHA Welcome to your new addiction.
major94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:42 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

It can get pretty stupid really quick.When my friend got his crawler I laughed at him until I ran it for like a half hour.Then I bought one.now I have 2,a Venom Creeper super tricked out and my RS10 that I have put way too much $ into.But I keep going.I was up and crawling at 630 testing out my new delrin skid plate and homemade links on my rs10 this morning .Unfortunately my links suck but my skid plate rocks.Have fun
Santa Cruz Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:48 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Yeah it's pretty insane how addictive this hobby is. When my buddy got his creeper kit, I thought it was cool, but didn't consider getting into it until he finished the electronics and I ran it around a bit. I ordered my RS10 within a week after that.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:45 AM   #7

"Crawling is a hell of drug" -Rick James
Daburl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:20 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiztid Metal View Post
HAHA Crawling is addicting. I dont even have one yet and been on here the last 3 weeks doing research.
ahahahah me to buddy but ive been here 4 months researching! oolololollolo
racerx26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #9

Great post, but why don't I live in a big house, have lots of fancy cars and have bodyguards?

Just wondering.

Darin
RedcatRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:23 PM   #10

I cant answer about the house, but your cars are cool, and if you had bodygaurds the would be hitting you up for crawlers
Old 02-27-2010, 09:39 PM   #11

Haha ya I sold my first crawler to support my other addiction my banshee but am now working on my third scale rig I can't stay away think I will build a top truck course in the back yard tomorrow lmao
darrenf_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:36 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedcatRacing View Post
Great post, but why don't I live in a big house, have lots of fancy cars and have bodyguards?

Just wondering.

Darin
Something tells me your house looks something like this:
http://v1kram.posterous.com/raid-on-...an-drug-dealer

Found that on another forum and was greatly amused haha. Insanity.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

I cannot believe how addicting this is! I bought a CC for my 23 year old son for Christmas and with in 3 hours of playing with it I had to have one. Bought a CC for my self and got my dad into it. After going to my first comp I bought a RS10 and modified it to what you see in my avatar. We are now running 3 RS10s, mine, my dads, and my oldest son. We even stacked rocks on pallets in our shop to play on during nasty weather.

I can't stop.
DinoCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:35 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

ya i keep going and trying to find new places to crawl but up here in washington there really arent that many places to go. i am about to start my honcho build as soon as i can get the funds but for now the rs10 rocks. its kinda funny that i have been out crawling my buddies who have about a grand into their axials with my almost stock truck. all i have done is bent links, proline chisels, weight up front and a better servo in the front. it really pisses them off but i love it.
redcatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:07 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

"i do crawling" - Dr. Rockso the rock and roll clown
greaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:17 PM   #16

hey Dino, that chassis looks awesome. Got some details on it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoCrawler View Post
I cannot believe how addicting this is! I bought a CC for my 23 year old son for Christmas and with in 3 hours of playing with it I had to have one. Bought a CC for my self and got my dad into it. After going to my first comp I bought a RS10 and modified it to what you see in my avatar. We are now running 3 RS10s, mine, my dads, and my oldest son. We even stacked rocks on pallets in our shop to play on during nasty weather.

I can't stop.
hallfleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:40 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

The chassis plates are stock I just made my own battery tray and component tray narrowing it down to 55mm. As far as more detail, I can send you detailed drawings if you want. I drew them in Solidworks.

I'm not sure if you can see it in the pictures but I have a long 1/4-20 screw going down thru the middle of the top tray to push against the battery to hold it in place. I am going to swap it out with a nylon screw as soon as I get one.
DinoCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:54 PM   #18

I got it out the other day, I spent most of the day looking for a spot. I finally ended up in a shopping center behind a closed store. I had so much fun crawling up and down, and sometimes crawling up and tumbling down, but going right up again!!
as a rookie to crawling this is a great rig, maybe some softer tires are in my future but its great for starters!!!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 07:04 PM   #19

how long are the stock batteries lasting for u guys? how long does stock charger take to charge them?
72chevyrs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:59 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72chevyrs10 View Post
how long are the stock batteries lasting for u guys? how long does stock charger take to charge them?
just got mine but the stock has lasted a good 20 to 30 depending on terrain. I am using a different charger though... search the redcat threads and there is a link for an inexpensive rapid charger... I also have a couple stick batteries... thinkin of going with them and changing the battery tray to accomodate them...

Last edited by jacks766; 03-11-2010 at 09:06 PM.
jacks766 is offline   Reply With Quote