Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Yes, Im a dumb newbie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 11:18 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Yes, Im a dumb newbie

I have 2 stock (RS10) batteries and I upgraded my charger to a Dura Trax Onyx 230. I do not believe I am charging the batteries properly. Could someone tell me in plain english how/what to set my charger up to so that I am charging my STOCK batteries in the right way ? Just in case it isnt fresh on your mind on both batteries it says," Ni-MH Battery,6xSC1500mAh7.2V." Thank you (whoever) helps me (the gifted one) out on this im sure very simple but kickin my butt question.
WarHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2010, 07:44 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Welcome to the board!

The only dumb newbie is the one that's too proud to ask for help and information. You've definitely come to the right place for that. To make your stay a little nicer remember that a lot of the ideas you come up with have probably been discussed before so get familiar with the SEARCH button. It's your friend.

I don't have an ONYX charger but I just read through the owners manual and it sounds pretty straight forward. Press the > key until START shows on the screen, select NIMH as your battery type, set the charge current between 1-1.5 amps (1.5 amps is charging at 1c or 1x the capacity of your battery 1500mah = 1.5 amps capacity) and set the peak cutoff for 18-20mv (3 per cell is normal for a nimh cell).

Hopefully somebody that has experience with one will chime in but I saw on Duratrax's website that there is an instructional video on Youtube about the Onyx chargers.
http://www.duratrax.com/caraccys/dtxp4230.html

Last edited by John82601; 09-10-2010 at 07:48 AM.
John82601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:16 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Your Right

Yes there are several videos on the web, but, all of them seem to lean more towards somebody not as "dumb" as I am. I need the "hooked on phonix" set of directions. I thank you for your help.
WarHog is offline   Reply With Quote