Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: redcat keeps glitching out

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2010, 11:41 PM   #1

Default redcat keeps glitching out

just got my new redcat about 3 hours ago and its glitching out every time i go to drive it.... it worked good for about ten minutes and now it just glitches out and won't move. what could the problem be?
ooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2010, 12:08 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Faulty esc maybe
87silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:18 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Try and drive it in another location to make sure it not radio interference. Make sure your batteries are fully charged in the radio. Then check your esc and motors for heat. If you have alot of heat then check your drive train for binding or exercise drag. Heat Kills electronix.
tom80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:18 AM   #4

thanks for the advice. ill try those and hopefully its not a faulty esc
Old 11-24-2010, 04:05 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

When My esc was going out it would work fine for about 15 minutes and then go full throttle until I turned of the power to the car. I first thought it was my radio and replaced it with a dx3e. After dropping cash on the radio I found out it was the esc and bought a novak m2 dig. I got my redcat used and is about a year old. I hope you just have a easy fix. If the truck stalls in forward and reverse but the wheels still turn left to right then it is probably the esc. You can switch the steering and throttle going to the receiver and see if the problem still persists while using the steering wheel as throttle. Most hobby stores can test your esc and radio. Good luck

Last edited by tom80; 11-24-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:11 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Check ALL of your connections, not just the ones to your ESC. Make sure there are no little cuts in your antenna wire or any wires connecting your receiver or ESC. Your glitching could be a number of things, like radio interference, low batteries both in the crawler and radio, ESC, receiver going back, loose connections, etc... My first suggestion is to fully charge your crawler battery (takes about 8 hours on the stock battery and charger) and put fresh batteries in the radio. If it still glitches, then start troubleshooting from there and let us know what you find. Definitely don't go replacing parts until you narrow it down a little more, unless you just have the cash laying around.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:43 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Default Charge the battery

Im with jsowens......when you posted this you said you got it about 3 hrs. ago.....it took you 15-20 min. to get everything out and set up.....so that only leaves you charging the battery for about 2 hrs. 45 min. 10 minutes of run time on a new (not charged very much) battery, sounds about right. Charge it for the full charge time then you'll get about 20-25 minutes of run time till it starts glitching again.
WarHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:36 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Yup I agree... charge the batt!
billybob_81067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:42 PM   #9

what happened was exactly the battery... my friend came over and drove it before the battery was charged all the way and i didn't know so thanks
Old 11-25-2010, 12:00 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Glad to hear it was a easy fix. You may want to invest in a peak charger. like this one http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/show...temID=10085.12 and some tires like this http://www.zno-rc.com/pages/products...ver_tires.html and have fun!